The stock market's reaction to quality certification: Empirical evidence from Spain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jaffe, Jeffrey F, 1974. "Special Information and Insider Trading," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(3), pages 410-428, July.
- repec:bla:joares:v:22:y:1984:i:1:p:48-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Easton, George S & Jarrell, Sherry L, 1998. "The Effects of Total Quality Management on Corporate Performance: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71(2), pages 253-307, April.
- Andreas C. Soteriou & Stavros A. Zenios, 2000. "Searching for the Value of Quality in Financial Services," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-39, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-754, July/Aug..
- Carl Shapiro, 1983. "Premiums for High Quality Products as Returns to Reputations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(4), pages 659-679.
- Corrado, Charles J., 1989. "A nonparametric test for abnormal security-price performance in event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 385-395, August.
- Cowling, Keith & Cubbin, John, 1971. "Price, Quality and Advertising Competition: An Econometric Investigation of the United Kingdom Car Market," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(152), pages 378-394, November.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Klein, Benjamin & Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "The Role of Market Forces in Assuring Contractual Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 615-641, August.
- Kevin B. Hendricks & Vinod R. Singhal, 1996. "Quality Awards and the Market Value of the Firm: An Empirical Investigation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(3), pages 415-436, March.
- Noel Capon & John U. Farley & Scott Hoenig, 1990. "Determinants of Financial Performance: A Meta-Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(10), pages 1143-1159, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Conca, Francisco Jose & Llopis, Juan & Tari, Juan Jose, 2004. "Development of a measure to assess quality management in certified firms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 156(3), pages 683-697, August.
- Charles J. Corbett & María J. Montes-Sancho & David A. Kirsch, 2005. "The Financial Impact of ISO 9000 Certification in the United States: An Empirical Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(7), pages 1046-1059, July.
- Ashish Sood & Gerard J. Tellis, 2009. "Do Innovations Really Pay Off? Total Stock Market Returns to Innovation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(3), pages 442-456, 05-06.
- Stefan Daniel Armeanu & Georgeta Vintila & Stefan Cristian Gherghina, 2017. "A Cross-Country Empirical Study Towards the Impact of Following ISO Management System Standards on Euro-Area Economic Confidence," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 19(44), pages 144-144, February.
- Xiaoling Wang & Haiying Lin & Olaf Weber, 2016. "Does Adoption of Management Standards Deliver Efficiency Gain in Firms’ Pursuit of Sustainability Performance? An Empirical Investigation of Chinese Manufacturing Firms," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-18, July.
- Tari, Juan Jose & Molina, Jose Francisco & Castejon, Juan Luis, 2007. "The relationship between quality management practices and their effects on quality outcomes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(2), pages 483-501, December.
- McGuire, Stephen J. & Dilts, David M., 2008. "The financial impact of standard stringency: An event study of successive generations of the ISO 9000 standard," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 3-22, May.
- Deák, Zsuzsanna & Karali, Berna, 2014.
"Stock Market Reactions to Environmental News in the Food Industry,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 209-225, May.
- Deak, Zsuzsanna & Karali, Berna, 2014. "Stock Market Reactions to Environmental News in the Food Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 46(02), May.
- Carlos Cândido & Luis M.S. Coelho & Ruben Peixinho, 2016. "The Financial Impact of a Withdrawn ISO 9001 Certificate," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2016_01, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Lindlbauer, Ivonne & Schreyögg, Jonas & Winter, Vera, 2016. "Changes in technical efficiency after quality management certification: A DEA approach using difference-in-difference estimation with genetic matching in the hospital industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 250(3), pages 1026-1036.
- Prosper F. BANGWAYO-SKEETE & Winston R. MOORE, 2015. "Entry Into Export Markets And Quality Certifications: Evidence From Developing Countries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 15(2), pages 17-34.
- Samuel Mongrut & Jesús Tong, 2006. "Is There a Market Payoff for Being Green at the Lima Stock Exchange?," Working Papers 06-02, Centro de Investigación, Universidad del Pacífico.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:142:y:2002:i:3:p:632-641. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .