Data envelopment scenario analysis for setting targets to electricity generating plants
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Thrall, R. M., 1992. "Estimation of returns to scale using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 74-84, October.
- Ali, Agha Iqbal & Lerme, Catherine S. & Seiford, Lawrence M., 1995. "Components of efficiency evaluation in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 462-473, February.
- Thanassoulis, E. & Dyson, R. G., 1992. "Estimating preferred target input-output levels using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 80-97, January.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Yaisawarng, Suthathip & Li, Sung Ko & Wang, Zhaoping, 1990. "Productivity growth in Illinois electric utilities," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 383-398, December.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- R. Allen & A. Athanassopoulos & R.G. Dyson & E. Thanassoulis, 1997. "Weights restrictions and value judgements in Data Envelopment Analysis: Evolution, development and future directions," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 73(0), pages 13-34, October.
- Hammond, Christopher J, 1992. "Privatisation and the Efficiency of Decentralised Electricity Generation: Some Evidence from Inter-war Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(412), pages 538-553, May.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Kokkelenberg, Edward C, 1989. "Measuring Plant Capacity, Utilization and Technical Change: A Nonparametric Approach," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(3), pages 655-666, August.
- O. B. Olesen & N. C. Petersen, 1996. "Indicators of Ill-Conditioned Data Sets and Model Misspecification in Data Envelopment Analysis: An Extended Facet Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 205-219, February.
- Thanassoulis, E. & Boussofiane, A. & Dyson, R. G., 1995. "Exploring output quality targets in the provision of perinatal care in England using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 588-607, February.
- Bill L. Seaver & Konstantinos P. Triantis, 1995. "The Impact of Outliers and Leverage Points for Technical Efficiency Measurement Using High Breakdown Procedures," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(6), pages 937-956, June.
- Powell, Andrew, 1993. "Trading Forward in an Imperfect Market: The Case of Electricity in Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(417), pages 444-453, March.
- Athanassopoulos, Antreas D. & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 1995. "Assessing marginal impacts of investments on the performance of organisational units," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 149-161, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adel Hatami-Marbini & Zahra Ghelej Beigi & Hirofumi Fukuyama & Kobra Gholami, 2015. "Modeling Centralized Resources Allocation and Target Setting in Imprecise Data Envelopment Analysis," International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(06), pages 1189-1213, November.
- Arabi, Behrouz & Munisamy, Susila & Emrouznejad, Ali, 2015. "A new slacks-based measure of Malmquist–Luenberger index in the presence of undesirable outputs," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 29-37.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Yuan, Yan & Goto, Mika, 2017. "A literature study for DEA applied to energy and environment," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 104-124.
- Patrick Brockett & William Cooper & Honghui Deng & Linda Golden & T. Ruefli, 2004. "Using DEA to Identify and Manage Congestion," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 207-226, November.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:60:y:2009:i:11:d:10.1057_jors.2008.182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bai-Chen, Xie & Ying, Fan & Qian-Qian, Qu, 2012. "Does generation form influence environmental efficiency performance? An analysis of China’s power system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 261-271.
- Burnett, Royce D. & Hansen, Don R., 2008. "Ecoefficiency: Defining a role for environmental cost management," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 551-581, August.
- Mojtaba Yari & Raheb Bagherpour & Saeed Jamali, 2017. "Development of an evaluation system for blasting patterns to provide efficient production," Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 975-984, April.
- Soontornrangson, W. & Evans, D. G. & Fuller, R. J. & Stewart, D. F., 2003. "Scenario planning for electricity supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 1647-1659, December.
- Harry P. Bowen & Wim Moesen, 2009. "Composite Competitiveness Indicators With Endogenous Versus Predetermined Weights : An Application to the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Index," Discussion Paper Series 2009-02, McColl School of Business, Queens University of Charlotte.
- Beasley, J. E., 2003. "Allocating fixed costs and resources via data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 198-216, May.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Poh, K.L., 2008. "A survey of data envelopment analysis in energy and environmental studies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 189(1), pages 1-18, August.
- Vlontzos, George & Niavis, Spyros & Manos, Basil, 2014. "A DEA approach for estimating the agricultural energy and environmental efficiency of EU countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 91-96.
- San Cristóbal, José Ramón, 2011. "A multi criteria data envelopment analysis model to evaluate the efficiency of the Renewable Energy technologies," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 2742-2746.
- Lorenzo Castelli & Raffaele Pesenti & Walter Ukovich, 2010. "A classification of DEA models when the internal structure of the Decision Making Units is considered," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 173(1), pages 207-235, January.
- Lau, Kwok Hung, 2013. "Measuring distribution efficiency of a retail network through data envelopment analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 598-611.
- Genius, Margarita & Stefanou, Spiro E. & Tzouvelekas, Vangelis, 2012. "Measuring productivity growth under factor non-substitution: An application to US steam-electric power generation utilities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 844-852.
- Subhash C. Ray, 2005. "Shadow Profit Maximization and a Generalized Measure of Inefficiency," Working papers 2005-14, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Li, Ming-Jia & Tao, Wen-Quan, 2017. "Review of methodologies and polices for evaluation of energy efficiency in high energy-consuming industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 203-215.
- Arabi, Behrouz & Munisamy, Susila & Emrouznejad, Ali & Toloo, Mehdi & Ghazizadeh, Mohammad Sadegh, 2016. "Eco-efficiency considering the issue of heterogeneity among power plants," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 722-735.
- Najmeh Malekmohammadi & Farhad Lotfi & Azmi Jaafar, 2011. "Data envelopment scenario analysis with imprecise data," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 19(1), pages 65-79, March.
- Pachkova, Elena V., 2009. "Restricted reallocation of resources," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(3), pages 1049-1057, August.
- HOSSEINZADEH LOTFI, Farhad & HATAMI-MARBINI, Adel & AGRELL, Per & GHOLAMI, Kobra, 2013. "Centralized resource reduction and target setting under DEA control," CORE Discussion Papers 2013005, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Arabi, Behrouz & Munisamy, Susila & Emrouznejad, Ali & Shadman, Foroogh, 2014. "Power industry restructuring and eco-efficiency changes: A new slacks-based model in Malmquist–Luenberger Index measurement," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 132-145.
- Jie Wu & Qingyuan Zhu & Wade D Cook & Joe Zhu, 2016. "Best cooperative partner selection and input resource reallocation using DEA," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 67(9), pages 1221-1237, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:115:y:1999:i:3:p:413-428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.