Zero weights and non-zero slacks: Different solutions to the same problem
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Bessent & W. Bessent & J. Elam & T. Clark, 1988. "Efficiency Frontier Determination by Constrained Facet Analysis," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 36(5), pages 785-796, October.
- Cooper, W. W. & Tone, K., 1997. "Measures of inefficiency in data envelopment analysis and stochastic frontier estimation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 72-88, May.
- Thanassoulis, E. & Dyson, R. G., 1992. "Estimating preferred target input-output levels using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 80-97, January.
- Brockett, P. L. & Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Huang, Z. M. & Sun, D. B., 1997. "Data transformations in DEA cone ratio envelopment approaches for monitoring bank performances," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 250-268, April.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Russell G. Thompson & F. D. Singleton & Robert M. Thrall & Barton A. Smith, 1986. "Comparative Site Evaluations for Locating a High-Energy Physics Lab in Texas," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 16(6), pages 35-49, December.
- Fare, Rolf & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1978. "Measuring the technical efficiency of production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 150-162, October.
- William Cooper & Kyung Park & Jesus Pastor, 1999. "RAM: A Range Adjusted Measure of Inefficiency for Use with Additive Models, and Relations to Other Models and Measures in DEA," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 5-42, February.
- Maria Silva Portela & Pedro Borges & Emmanuel Thanassoulis, 2003. "Finding Closest Targets in Non-Oriented DEA Models: The Case of Convex and Non-Convex Technologies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 251-269, April.
- O. B. Olesen & N. C. Petersen, 1996. "Indicators of Ill-Conditioned Data Sets and Model Misspecification in Data Envelopment Analysis: An Extended Facet Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 205-219, February.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Golany, B. & Seiford, L. & Stutz, J., 1985. "Foundations of data envelopment analysis for Pareto-Koopmans efficient empirical production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 91-107.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Thompson, Russell G. & Langemeier, Larry N. & Lee, Chih-Tah & Lee, Euntaik & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "The role of multiplier bounds in efficiency analysis with application to Kansas farming," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 93-108.
- Ole Olesen & N. Petersen, 2003. "Identification and Use of Efficient Faces and Facets in DEA," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 323-360, November.
- E. Thanassoulis & R. Allen, 1998. "Simulating Weights Restrictions in Data Envelopment Analysis by Means of Unobserved DMUs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(4), pages 586-594, April.
- Tone, Kaoru, 2001. "A slacks-based measure of efficiency in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 498-509, May.
- Allen, R. & Thanassoulis, E., 2004. "Improving envelopment in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 363-379, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sami El-Mahgary & Petri Rönnholm & Hannu Hyyppä & Henrik Haggrén & Jenni Koponen, 2014. "Evaluating the performance of university course units using data envelopment analysis," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Alejandro Nin‐Pratt & Bingxin Yu, 2010.
"Getting implicit shadow prices right for the estimation of the Malmquist index: the case of agricultural total factor productivity in developing countries,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(3‐4), pages 349-360, May.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2009. "Getting Implicit Shadow Prices Right for the Estimation of the Malmquist Index: The Case of Agricultural Total Factor Productivity in Developing Countries," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51797, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ramón, Nuria & Ruiz, José L. & Sirvent, Inmaculada, 2010. "A multiplier bound approach to assess relative efficiency in DEA without slacks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(1), pages 261-269, May.
- Temitayo A. Adeyemo & Victor O. Okoruwa, 2018. "Value Addition and Productivity Differentials in the Nigerian Cassava System," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-22, December.
More about this item
KeywordsData Envelopment Analysis (DEA); Weight restrictions; Non-radial models; Efficient facets analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:annopr:v:145:y:2006:i:1:p:129-147:10.1007/s10479-006-0029-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.