Improving envelopment in Data Envelopment Analysis under variable returns to scale
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Thrall, R. M., 1992. "Estimation of returns to scale using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 74-84, October.
- Timo Kuosmanen, 2005. "Weak Disposability in Nonparametric Production Analysis with Undesirable Outputs," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(4), pages 1077-1082.
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- O. B. Olesen & N. C. Petersen, 1996. "Indicators of Ill-Conditioned Data Sets and Model Misspecification in Data Envelopment Analysis: An Extended Facet Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 205-219, February.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Timo Kuosmanen & Victor Podinovski, 2008. "Weak Disposability in Nonparametric Production Analysis: Reply to Färe and Grosskopf," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(2), pages 539-545.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Podinovski, Victor V. & Kuosmanen, Timo, 2011. "Modelling weak disposability in data envelopment analysis under relaxed convexity assumptions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(3), pages 577-585, June.
- Estellita Lins, M.P. & Moreira da Silva, A.C. & Lovell, C.A.K., 2007. "Avoiding infeasibility in DEA models with weight restrictions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 956-966, September.
- E. Thanassoulis & R. Allen, 1998. "Simulating Weights Restrictions in Data Envelopment Analysis by Means of Unobserved DMUs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(4), pages 586-594, April.
- R. Allen & A. Athanassopoulos & R.G. Dyson & E. Thanassoulis, 1997. "Weights restrictions and value judgements in Data Envelopment Analysis: Evolution, development and future directions," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 73(0), pages 13-34, October.
- Dula, J. H. & Helgason, R. V., 1996. "A new procedure for identifying the frame of the convex hull of a finite collection of points in multidimensional space," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 352-367, July.
- Allen, R. & Thanassoulis, E., 2004. "Improving envelopment in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 363-379, April.
- Sowlati, Taraneh & Paradi, Joseph C., 2004. "Establishing the "practical frontier" in data envelopment analysis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 261-272, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vladimir Krivonozhko & Finn Førsund & Andrey Lychev, 2015. "Terminal units in DEA: definition and determination," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 151-164, April.
- Amin Mostafaee & Majid Soleimani-Damaneh, 2016. "Some Conditions for Characterizing Anchor Points," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 33(02), pages 1-17, April.
- Soares de Mello, João Carlos C.B. & Angulo Meza, Lidia & da Silveira, Juliana Quintanilha & Gomes, Eliane Gonçalves, 2013. "About negative efficiencies in Cross Evaluation BCC input oriented models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(3), pages 732-737.
- Førsund, Finn & Krivonozhko, Vladimir W & Lychev, Andrey V., 2016. "Smoothing the frontier in the DEA models," Memorandum 11/2016, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Krivonozhko, Vladimir E. & Førsund, Finn R. & Lychev, Andrey V., 2012. "Identifying Suspicious Efficient Units in DEA Models," Memorandum 30/2012, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Soleimani-damaneh, Majid & Mostafaee, Amin, 2015. "Identification of the anchor points in FDH models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(3), pages 936-943.
More about this item
KeywordsData Envelopment Analysis; Efficiency; Productivity; Unobserved DMUs; Value judgements;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:218:y:2012:i:1:p:175-185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.