Anchor points in DEA
Anchor points play an important role in DEA theory and application. They define the transition from the efficient frontier to the "free-disposability" portion of the boundary. Our objective is to use the geometrical properties of anchor points to design and test an algorithm for their identification. We focus on the variable returns to scale production possibility set; our results do not depend on any particular DEA LP formulation, primal/dual form or orientation. Tests on real and artificial data lead to unexpected insights into their role in the geometry of the DEA production possibility set.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- O. B. Olesen & N. C. Petersen, 1996. "Indicators of Ill-Conditioned Data Sets and Model Misspecification in Data Envelopment Analysis: An Extended Facet Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 205-219, February.
- E. Thanassoulis & R. Allen, 1998. "Simulating Weights Restrictions in Data Envelopment Analysis by Means of Unobserved DMUs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(4), pages 586-594, April.
- Marie-Laure Bougnol & José Dulá, 2006. "Validating DEA as a ranking tool: An application of DEA to assess performance in higher education," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 339-365, July.
- J.H. Dulá & R.M. Thrall, 2001. "A Computational Framework for Accelerating DEA," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 63-78, July.
- Allen, R. & Thanassoulis, E., 2004. "Improving envelopment in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 363-379, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:192:y:2009:i:2:p:668-676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.