The recreational value of gold coast beaches, Australia: An application of the travel cost method
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blackwell, Boyd, 2007. "The Value of a Recreational Beach Visit: An Application to Mooloolaba Beach and Comparisons with other Outdoor Recreation Sites," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 77-98, March.
- Downing, Mark & Ozuna, Teofilo Jr., 1996. "Testing the Reliability of the Benefit Function Transfer Approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 316-322, May.
- John Rolfe & Prabha Prayaga, 2007. "Estimating values for recreational fishing at freshwater dams in Queensland ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(2), pages 157-174, June.
- Rolfe, John & Gregg, Daniel, 2012. "Valuing Beach Recreation Across a Regional Area: The Great Barrier Reef in Australia," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Fremantle, Australia 124433, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Nunes, Paulo A. L. D. & van den Bergh, Jeroen C. J. M., 2001. "Economic valuation of biodiversity: sense or nonsense?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 203-222, November.
- Michael D. Creel & John B. Loomis, 1990. "Theoretical and Empirical Advantages of Truncated Count Data Estimators for Analysis of Deer Hunting in California," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(2), pages 434-441.
- I. M. Dobbs, 1993. "Adjusting For Sample Selection Bias In The Individual Travel Cost Method," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 335-342, May.
- Jeff Bennett, 1996.
"Estimating the Recreation Use Values of National Parks,"
Tourism Economics, , vol. 2(4), pages 303-320, December.
- Bennett, Jeffrey W., 1996. "Estimating the Recreation Use Values of National Parks," 1996 Conference (40th), February 11-16, 1996, Melbourne, Australia 149801, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Regina Riphahn & Oliver Serfling, 2005. "Item non-response on income and wealth questions," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 521-538, September.
- Shaw, Daigee, 1988.
"On-site samples' regression : Problems of non-negative integers, truncation, and endogenous stratification,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 211-223, February.
- Shaw, Daigee, 1987. "On-Site Samples' Regression: Problems of Nonnegative Integers, Truncation, and Endogenous Stratification," Discussion Papers 256063, Chung-Hua Institution for Economic Research.
- Hanley, Nick & Shogren, Jason & White, Ben, 2013. "Introduction to Environmental Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780199568734.
- John Rolfe & Brenda Dyack, 2011. "Valuing Recreation in the Coorong, Australia, with Travel Cost and Contingent Behaviour Models," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(277), pages 282-293, June.
- Englin Jeffrey & Shonkwiler J. S., 1995. "Modeling Recreation Demand in the Presence of Unobservable Travel Costs: Toward a Travel Price Model," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 368-377, November.
- Frank A. Ward & Diana Beal, 2000. "Valuing Nature with Travel Cost Models," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1768, September.
- J. Scott Long & Jeremy Freese, 2006. "Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables using Stata, 2nd Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 2, number long2, April.
- Rolfe, John & Prayaga, Prabha, 2007. "Estimating values for recreational fishing at freshwater dams in Queensland," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(2), pages 1-18.
- K. G. Willis & G. D. Garrod, 1991. "An Individual Travel‐Cost Method Of Evaluating Forest Recreation," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 33-42, January.
- Hesseln, Hayley & Loomis, John B. & González-Cabán, Armando, 2004. "Comparing the economic effects of fire on hiking demand in Montana and Colorado," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 21-35, May.
- Barton, David N., 2002. "The transferability of benefit transfer: contingent valuation of water quality improvements in Costa Rica," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 147-164, August.
- John Asafu-Adjaye, 2005. "Environmental Economics for Non-Economists:Techniques and Policies for Sustainable Development," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 5727, February.
- William G. Brown & Farid Nawas, 1973. "Impact of Aggregation on the Estimation of Outdoor Recreation Demand Functions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 55(2), pages 246-249.
- Russell L. Gum & William E. Martin, 1975. "Problems and Solutions in Estimating the Demand for and Value of Rural Outdoor Recreation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 57(4), pages 558-566.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wai Soe Zin & Aya Suzuki & Kelvin S.-H. Peh & Alexandros Gasparatos, 2019. "Economic Value of Cultural Ecosystem Services from Recreation in Popa Mountain National Park, Myanmar: A Comparison of Two Rapid Valuation Techniques," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-20, December.
- Chakraborty, Shamik & Gasparatos, Alexandros & Blasiak, Robert, 2020. "Multiple values for the management and sustainable use of coastal and marine ecosystem services," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 41(C).
- Pascoe, Sean, 2019. "Recreational beach use values with multiple activities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 137-144.
- Ehrlich, Oren & Bi, Xiang & Borisova, Tatiana & Larkin, Sherry, 2017.
"A latent class analysis of public attitudes toward water resources with implications for recreational demand,"
Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 28(PA), pages 124-132.
- Ehrlich, Oren & Bi, Xiang & Borisova, Tatiana & Larkin, Sherry, 2016. "A Latent Class Analysis of Public Attitudes toward Water Resources with Implications for Recreational Demand," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235853, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Rubén Pérez-Álvarez & Saúl Torres-Ortega & Pedro Díaz-Simal & Raúl Husillos-Rodríguez & Julio Manuel De Luis-Ruiz, 2016. "Economic Valuation of Mining Heritage from a Recreational Approach: Application to the Case of El Soplao Cave in Spain (Geosite UR004)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-15, February.
- Star, Megan & Rolfe, John & Brown, Julia, 2020. "From farm to fork: Is food tourism a sustainable form of economic development?," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 325-334.
- Oleson, Kirsten L.L. & Bagstad, Kenneth J. & Fezzi, Carlo & Barnes, Megan D. & Donovan, Mary K. & Falinski, Kim A. & Gorospe, Kelvin D. & Htun, Hla & Lecky, Joey & Villa, Ferdinando & Wong, Tamara M., 2020. "Linking Land and Sea Through an Ecological-Economic Model of Coral Reef Recreation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 177(C).
- Hynes, Stephen & Oâ€™Reilly, Paul & Corless, Rebecca, 2015. "An on-site versus a household survey approach to modelling the demand for recreational angling: Do welfare estimates differ?," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 136-145.
- Alves, Bruna & Ballester, Ramon & Rigall-I-Torrent, Ricard & Ferreira, Óscar & Benavente, Javier, 2017. "How feasible is coastal management? A social benefit analysis of a coastal destination in SW Spain," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 188-200.
- Wan-Yu Liu & Pin-Zheng Chen & Chi-Ming Hsieh, 2019. "Assessing the Recreational Value of a National Forest Park from Ecotourists’ Perspective in Taiwan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(15), pages 1-17, July.
- Saúl Torres-Ortega & Rubén Pérez-Álvarez & Pedro Díaz-Simal & Julio Manuel De Luis-Ruiz & Felipe Piña-García, 2018. "Economic Valuation of Cultural Heritage: Application of Travel Cost Method to the National Museum and Research Center of Altamira," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-13, July.
- Hynes, Stephen & O'Reilly, Paul & Corless, Rebecca, 2015. "A comparison of an on-site versus a household survey approach to modelling the demand for recreational angling," Working Papers 262591, National University of Ireland, Galway, Socio-Economic Marine Research Unit.
- Chen, Pin-Zheng & Liu, Wan-Yu, 2019. "Assessing management performance of the national forest park using impact range-performance analysis and impact-asymmetry analysis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 121-138.
- Mani Nepal & Rajesh Kumar Rai & Saudamini Das & Laxmi Dutt Bhatta & Rajan Kotru & Madan Singh Khadayat & Ranbeer Singh Rawal & G. C. S. Negi, 2018. "Valuing Cultural Services of the Kailash Sacred Landscape for Sustainable Management," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-19, October.
- Halkos, George & Matsiori, Steriani, 2017. "Estimating recreational values of coastal zones," MPRA Paper 80911, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:185:d:64187 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carlos Jurado-Rivas & Marcelino Sánchez-Rivero, 2019. "Willingness to Pay for More Sustainable Tourism Destinations in World Heritage Cities: The Case of Caceres, Spain," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(21), pages 1-21, October.
More about this item
KeywordsGold Coast beaches; Recreational value; Travel cost method; Value transfer;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoser:v:11:y:2015:i:c:p:106-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/ecosystem-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.