Local Gaussian correlation: A new measure of dependence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Bruce E., 2008. "Uniform Convergence Rates For Kernel Estimation With Dependent Data," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 726-748, June.
- Kristin J. Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 2002.
"No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Comovements,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2223-2261, October.
- Kristin Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 1999. "No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Co-movements," NBER Working Papers 7267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, Rachel A.J. & Forbes, Catherine S. & Koedijk, Kees G. & Kofman, Paul, 2008. "Increasing correlations or just fat tails?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 287-309, March.
- François Longin, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, April.
- P. Silvapulle & C. W. J. Granger, 2001. "Large returns, conditional correlation and portfolio diversification: a value-at-risk approach," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(5), pages 542-551.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Inci, A. Can & Li, H.C. & McCarthy, Joseph, 2011. "Financial contagion: A local correlation analysis," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 11-25, January.
- Jones, M. C., 1998. "Constant Local Dependence," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 148-155, February.
- Tjøstheim, Dag, 1986. "Estimation in nonlinear time series models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 251-273, February.
- Rodriguez, Juan Carlos, 2007. "Measuring financial contagion: A Copula approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 401-423, June.
- Frahm, Gabriel & Junker, Markus & Schmidt, Rafael, 2005. "Estimating the tail-dependence coefficient: Properties and pitfalls," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 80-100, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Georgios Bampinas & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2017.
"Oil and stock markets before and after financial crises: A local Gaussian correlation approach,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 37(12), pages 1179-1204, December.
- Georgios Bampinas & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2017. "Oil and stock markets before and after financial crises : a local Gaussian correlation approach," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2016-11, Bank of Estonia, revised 06 Feb 2017.
- Otneim, Håkon & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2016. "Non-parametric estimation of conditional densities: A new method," Discussion Papers 2016/22, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Akimitsu Inoue, 2016. "Density estimation based on pointwise mutual information," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(2), pages 1138-1148.
- Otneim, Håkon & Karlsen, Hans Arnfinn & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2013. "Bias and bandwidth for local likelihood density estimation," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(5), pages 1382-1387.
- Støve, Bård & Tjøstheim, Dag & Hufthammer, Karl Ove, 2014. "Using local Gaussian correlation in a nonlinear re-examination of financial contagion," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 62-82.
More about this item
KeywordsLocal likelihood; Dependence measures; Local dependence; Local correlation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:172:y:2013:i:1:p:33-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.