The income elasticity of non-point source air pollutants: revisiting the environmental Kuznets curve
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kahn, Matthew E., 1998. "A household level environmental Kuznets curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 269-273, May.
- Brooks, Nancy & Sethi, Rajiv, 1997. "The Distribution of Pollution: Community Characteristics and Exposure to Air Toxics," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 233-250, February.
- List, John A. & Gallet, Craig A., 1999.
"The environmental Kuznets curve: does one size fit all?,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 409-423, December.
- Craig Gallet & John List, 1999. "The environmental Kuznets curve: does one size fit all," Natural Field Experiments 00527, The Field Experiments Website.
- Seema Arora & Timothy N. Cason, 1999.
"Do Community Characteristics Influence Environmental Outcomes? Evidence from the Toxics Release Inventory,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 691-716, April.
- Seema Arora & Timothy N. Cason, 1998. "Do Community Characteristics Influence Environmental Outcomes?: Evidence from the Toxics Release Inventory," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 1, pages 413-453, November.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1995. "Economic Growth and the Environment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 353-377.
- Victor Brajer & Jane V. Hall, 1992. "Recent Evidence On The Distribution Of Air Pollution Effects," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 10(2), pages 63-71, April.
- CARSON, RICHARd T. & JEON, YONGIL & McCUBBIN, DONALD R., 1997. "The relationship between air pollution emissions and income: US Data," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 433-450, November.
- Vincent, Jeffrey R., 1997. "Testing for environmental Kuznets curves within a developing country," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 417-431, November.
- Berrens, Robert P. & Bohara, Alok K. & Gawande, Kishore & Pingo Wang, 1997. "Testing the inverted-U hypothesis for US hazardous waste: An application of the generalized gamma model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 435-440, September.
- Peter Asch & Joseph J. Seneca, 1978. "Some Evidence on the Distribution of Air Quality," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 54(3), pages 278-297.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roy, Nilanjana & Cornelis van Kooten, G., 2004.
"Another look at the income elasticity of non-point source air pollutants: a semiparametric approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 17-22, October.
- Nilanjana Roy & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 2004. "Another Look at the Income Elasticity of Non-Point Source Air Pollutants: A Semiparametric Approach," Working Papers 2004-07, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Managi, Shunsuke, 2006.
"Are there increasing returns to pollution abatement? Empirical analytics of the Environmental Kuznets Curve in pesticides,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 617-636, June.
- Managi, Shunsuke, 2006. "Testing Increasing Returns to Pollution Abatement in Pesticides," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25524, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Orubu, Christopher O. & Omotor, Douglason G., 2011. "Environmental quality and economic growth: Searching for environmental Kuznets curves for air and water pollutants in Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4178-4188, July.
- Emil Georgiev & Emil Mihaylov, 2015. "Economic growth and the environment: reassessing the environmental Kuznets Curve for air pollution emissions in OECD countries," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 29-47, March.
- Halicioglu, Ferda & Ketenci, Natalya, 2016. "The impact of international trade on environmental quality: The case of transition countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 1130-1138.
- Soytas, Ugur & Sari, Ramazan & Ewing, Bradley T., 2007. "Energy consumption, income, and carbon emissions in the United States," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3-4), pages 482-489, May.
- Jie He & Paul MAKDISSI & Quentin WODON, 2007. "Corruption, Inequality, and Environmental Regulation," Cahiers de recherche 07-13, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Caviglia-Harris, Jill L. & Chambers, Dustin & Kahn, James R., 2009. "Taking the "U" out of Kuznets: A comprehensive analysis of the EKC and environmental degradation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1149-1159, February.
- Dinda, Soumyananda, 2004. "Environmental Kuznets Curve: An Envelope of Technological Progress," MPRA Paper 28092, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2010.
- Halicioglu, Ferda & Ketenci, Natalya, 2015. "The impact of international trade on environmental quality in transition countries: evidence from time series data during 1991-2013," MPRA Paper 71097, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Donatella Baiardi, 2012. "Innovation and the environmental Kuznets curve: the case of CO, NMVOCs and SOx in the Italian regions," Quaderni di Dipartimento 156, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Ogundipe, Adeyemi & Alege, Philip & Ogundipe, Oluwatomisin, 2014. "Income Heterogeneity and Environmental Kuznets Curve in Africa," MPRA Paper 55822, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kunnas, Jan & Myllyntaus, Timo, 2010. "Anxiety and technological change -- Explaining the inverted U-curve of sulphur dioxide emissions in late 20th century Finland," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1587-1593, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:77:y:2002:i:3:p:387-392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.