A note on the link between income inequality and inflation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1996.
"A New Data Set Measuring Income Inequality,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(3), pages 565-591, September.
- Klaus Deininger & Lyn Squire, 1996. "A New Data Set Measuring Income Inequality," CEMA Working Papers 512, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Hongyi Li & Lyn Squire & Tao Zhang & Heng-fu Zou, 1999. "A Data Set on Income Distribution," CEMA Working Papers 575, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1994. "The Political Economy of Inflation and Stabilization in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(2), pages 235-266, January.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- David Romer, 1993.
"Openness and Inflation: Theory and Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 869-903.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1995. "The Political Economy of Budget Deficits," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1989. "Social Conflict and Populist Policies in Latin America," NBER Working Papers 2897, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cukierman, Alex & Webb, Steven B & Neyapti, Bilin, 1992. "Measuring the Independence of Central Banks and Its Effect on Policy Outcomes," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 353-398, September.
- Alesina, Alberto & Tabellini, Guido, 1992. "Positive and normative theories of public debt and inflation in historical perspective," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 337-344, April.
- Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Pereira, Alfredo, 1996.
"The debt crisis: lessons of the 1980s for the 1990s,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 1-24, June.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Alfredo Pereira, 1994. "The debt crisis: lessons of the 1980's for the 1990's," International Finance Discussion Papers 481, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alesina, Alberto & Drazen, Allan, 1991. "Why Are Stabilizations Delayed?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-1188, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christina D. Romer & David Romer, 1999.
"Monetary policy and the well-being of the poor,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 21-49.
- Christina D. Romer & David Romer, 1998. "Monetary policy and the well-being of the poor," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 159-201.
- Areosa, Waldyr Dutra & Areosa, Marta B.M., 2016. "The inequality channel of monetary transmission," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 214-230.
- Albanesi, Stefania, 2007.
"Inflation and inequality,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1088-1114, May.
- Stefania Albanesi, "undated". "Inflation and Inequality," Working Papers 199, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Albanesi, Stefania, 2002. "Inflation and Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 3470, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefania Albanesi, 2001. "Inflation and Inequality," LIS Working papers 323, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Stefania Albanesi, 2002. "Inflation and Inequality," Macroeconomics 0201002, EconWPA.
- repec:eee:poleco:v:49:y:2017:i:c:p:47-70 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christoph S. Weber, 2016. "Central Bank Transparency and Inflation (Volatility) – New Evidence," Working Papers 163, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Marta B. M. Areosa & Waldyr D. Areosa & Pierre Monnin, 2016. "How Would Monetary Policy Look Like if John Rawls Had Been Hired as a Chairman of the Fed?," Working Papers Series 447, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Eleftherios Thalassinos & Erginbay Ugurlu & Yusuf Muratoglu, 2012. "Income Inequality and Inflation in the EU," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1), pages 127-140.
- Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Witthuhn, Stefan, 2017.
"Corruption and political stability: Does the youth bulge matter?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 47-70.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Stefan Witthuhn, 2016. "Corruption and Political Stability: Does the Youth Bulge Matter?," CESifo Working Paper Series 5890, CESifo Group Munich.
- Erosa, Andres & Ventura, Gustavo, 2002. "On inflation as a regressive consumption tax," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 761-795, May.
- Hessami, Zohal & Uebelmesser, Silke, 2013.
"Empirical determinants of in-kind redistribution: Partisan biases and the role of inflation,"
Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 318-320.
- Hessami, Zohal & Silke, Uebelmesser, 2012. "Empirical determinants of in-kind redistribution: Partisan biases and the role of inflation," MPRA Paper 38494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zohal Hessami & Silke Uebelmesser, 2012. "Empirical Determinants of In-kind Redistribution: Partisan Biases and the Role of Inflation," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2012-20, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Manoel Bittencourt, 2012.
"Democracy, populism and hyperinflation: some evidence from Latin America,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 311-332, December.
- Manoel Bittencourt, 2010. "Democracy, Populism and Hyperinflation(s): Some Evidence from Latin America," Working Papers 169, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Tsun Se Cheong & Yanrui Wu, 2013. "Globalization and Regional Inequality," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 13-10, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "Growth, Inequality and Poverty Relationships," IZA Discussion Papers 1338, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Caperoz, Marcelo & Marçal, Emerson Fernandes & Mattos, Enlinson, 2016. "A time series analysis of household income inequality in Brazil 1977-2013," Textos para discussão 434, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgard, Anders & Yousef, Tarik M., 2005. "Inflation and inequality: does political structure matter?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 41-46, April.
- FA Al-Marhubi, 2000. "Income inequality and inflation: the cross-country evidence," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(4), pages 428-439, October.
- repec:kap:iecepo:v:15:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10368-016-0365-z is not listed on IDEAS
- N'Yilimon Nantob, 2015. "Income Inequality and Inflation in Developing Countries: An Empirical Investigation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(4), pages 2888-2902.
- Hong-Ghi Min & Sang-Ook Shin & Judith A. McDonald, 2015. "Income Inequality and the Real Exchange Rate: Linkages and Evidence," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 16(1), pages 115-141, May.
- Branimir Jovanovic, 2014. "Inflation and the Rich After the Global Financial Crisis," LIS Working papers 613, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Amaral, Pedro S., 2017. "Monetary Policy and Inequality," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:55:y:1997:i:3:p:317-319. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .