Are market perceptions of corporate layoffs changing?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- George P Tsetsekos & Michael J Gombola, 1992. "Foreign and Domestic Divestments: Evidence on Valuation Effects of Plant Closings," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(2), pages 203-223, June.
- Warner, Jerold B. & Watts, Ross L. & Wruck, Karen H., 1988. "Stock prices and top management changes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 461-492, January.
- Furtado, Eugene P. H. & Rozeff, Michael S., 1987. "The wealth effects of company initiated management changes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 147-160, March.
- Blackwell, David W. & Marr, M. Wayne & Spivey, Michael F., 1990. "Plant-closing decisions and the market value of the firm," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 277-288, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steven E. Abraham & Dong-One Kim, 1999. "Layoff and Employment Guarantee Announcements: How Do Shareholders Respond?," Departmental Working Papers 199902, Department of Economics, SUNY-Oswego, revised 20 Apr 1999.
- Aymen Belgacem & Anna Creti & Khaled Guesmi & Amine Lahiani, 2015.
"Volatility spillovers and macroeconomic announcements: evidence from crude oil markets,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(28), pages 2974-2984, June.
- Aymen Belgacem & Anna Creti & Khaled Guesmi & Amine Lahiani, 2014. "Volatility spillovers and macroeconomic announcements: evidence from crude oil markets," Working Papers 2014-50, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Aymen Belgacem & Anna Creti & Khaled Guesmi & Amine Lahiani, 2015. "Volatility spillovers and macroeconomic announcements: evidence from crude oil markets," Post-Print hal-01517417, HAL.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-050 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kevin R. Foster, 2002. "Downsizing : An Examination of the Consequences of Mass Layoffs," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 17(Spring 20), pages 109-130.
- Aymen Belgacem & Amine Lahiani, 2012. "More on the impact of US macroeconomic announcements: Evidence from French and German stock markets' volatility," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(2), pages 1509-1526.
- repec:spr:rvmgts:v:12:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11846-016-0219-7 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:47:y:1995:i:3-4:p:335-342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.