Reduced smoking and rising obesity: Does smoking ban in the workplace matter?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Saffer, Henry, 2004.
"An economic analysis of adult obesity: results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 565-587, May.
- Shin-Yi Chou & Michael Grossman & Henry Saffer, 2002. "An Economic Analysis of Adult Obesity: Results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System," NBER Working Papers 9247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Courtemanche, Charles, 2009. "Rising cigarette prices and rising obesity: Coincidence or unintended consequence?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 781-798, July.
- Gruber, Jonathan & Frakes, Michael, 2006. "Does falling smoking lead to rising obesity?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 183-197, March.
- Cawley, John & Markowitz, Sara & Tauras, John, 2004.
"Lighting up and slimming down: the effects of body weight and cigarette prices on adolescent smoking initiation,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 293-311, March.
- John Cawley & Sara Markowitz & John Tauras, 2003. "Lighting Up and Slimming Down: The Effects of Body Weight and Cigarette Prices on Adolescent Smoking Initiation," NBER Working Papers 9561, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew C. Farrelly & William N. Evans & Edward Montgomery, 1999. "Do Workplace Smoking Bans Reduce Smoking?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 728-747, September.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joni Hersch, 2001. "Cigarette Smokers As Job Risk Takers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 269-280, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pieroni, Luca & Chiavarini, Manuela & Minelli, Liliana & Salmasi, Luca, 2013.
"The role of anti-smoking legislation on cigarette and alcohol consumption habits in Italy,"
Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 116-126.
- Pieroni, Luca & Chiavarini, Manuela & Minelli, Liliana & Salmasi, Luca, 2012. "The role of anti-smoking legislation on cigarette and alcohol consumption habits in Italy," MPRA Paper 42480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- L. Pieroni & L. Salmasi, 2015.
"Does Cigarette Smoking Affect Body Weight? Causal Estimates from the Clean Indoor Air Law Discontinuity,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 82(328), pages 671-704, October.
- Pieroni, Luca & Salmasi, Luca, 2012. "Does cigarette smoking affect body weight? causal estimates from the clean indoor air law discontinuity," MPRA Paper 38338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ceren Ertan Yörük & Barş K. Yörük, 2016.
"Do Minimum Legal Tobacco Purchase Age Laws Work?,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 415-429, July.
- Ceren Ertan Yoruk & Baris Yoruk, 2013. "Do minimum legal tobacco purchase age laws work?," Discussion Papers 13-06, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Ceren Ertan Yörük & Baris K. Yörük, 2014. "Do Minimum Legal Tobacco Purchase Age Laws Work?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4860, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pieroni, Luca & Salmasi, Luca, 2016. "The effect of smoking habit changes on body weight: Evidence from the UK," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 1-13.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2018. "Smoking, Obesity, and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from Japan," Discussion papers 18023, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- D. Dragone & F. Manaresi & L. Savorelli, 2013. "Tobacco Taxes and Smoking Bans Impact Differently on Obesity and Eating Habits," Working Papers wp878, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Celidoni, Martina & Pieroni, Luca & Salmasi, Luca, 2014. "Side-effects of anti-smoking policies on health behaviors. Evidence from the US," MPRA Paper 58312, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pieroni, Luca & Salmasi, Luca, 2012. "Smoking habit changes and body weight: causal estimates from the British Household Panel Survey," MPRA Paper 43465, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCigarette smoking Obesity BMI Smoking ban Smoking cessation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:108:y:2010:i:3:p:249-252. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.