Does foreign aid improve governance?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Busse, Matthias & Groening, Steffen, 2010. "Does Foreign Aid Improve Governance?," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010 6, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rajan, Raghuram G. & Zingales, Luigi, 2003. "The great reversals: the politics of financial development in the twentieth century," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 5-50, July.
- Brautigam, Deborah A & Knack, Stephen, 2004. "Foreign Aid, Institutions, and Governance in Sub-Saharan Africa," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(2), pages 255-285, January.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Raghuram Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2007. "Does Aid Affect Governance?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 322-327, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rainer Schweickert & Inna Melnykovska & Ansgar Belke & Ingo Bordon, 2011.
"Prospective NATO or EU membership and institutional change in transition countries,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 19(4), pages 667-692, October.
- Belke, Ansgar & Bordon, Ingo G. & Melnykovska, Inna & Schweickert, Rainer, 2009. "Prospective NATO or EU Membership and Institutional Change in Transition Countries," Ruhr Economic Papers 131, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Belke, Ansgar H. & Bordon, Ingo & Melnykovska, Inna & Schweickert, Rainer, 2009. "Prospective NATO or EU Membership and Institutional Change in Transition Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 4483, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ansgar Belke & Ingo Bordon & Inna Melnykovska & Rainer Schweickert, 2009. "Prospective NATO or EU Membership and Institutional Change in Transition Countries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 915, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Balázs Szent-Iványi, 2015.
"Are Democratising Countries Rewarded with Higher Levels of Foreign Aid?,"
Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 65(4), pages 593-615, December.
- Szent-Iványi, Balázs, 2014. "Are Democratizing Countries ‘Rewarded’ with Higher Levels of Foreign Aid?," Corvinus Economics Working Papers (CEWP) 2014/04, Corvinus University of Budapest.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Öhler, Hannes, 2011.
"Throwing Foreign Aid at HIV/AIDS in Developing Countries: Missing the Target?,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1704-1723.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Öhler, Hannes, 2010. "Throwing foreign aid at HIV/AIDS in developing countries: Missing the target?," Kiel Working Papers 1642, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Öhler, Hannes, 2010. "Throwing foreign aid at HIV/AIDS in developing countries: Missing the target?," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 111, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Hannes Öhler, 2010. "Throwing Foreign Aid at HIV/AIDS in Developing Countries: Missing the Target?," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 42, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Jones, Sam & Tarp, Finn, 2016. "Does foreign aid harm political institutions?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 266-281.
- repec:eee:finana:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:66-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lisa Chauvet & Hélène Ehrhart, 2015. "Aid and Growth Evidence from Firm-level Data," Post-Print hal-01516877, HAL.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_ejdr.2016.16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Unbreen Qayyum, 2013. "Institutional Quality, Conflict and Aid Dependency," PIDE-Working Papers 2013:94, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- David Fielding, 2014. "The Dynamics of Aid and Political Rights," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(9), pages 1197-1218, September.
- Nadeem, Muhammad & Hayat, Muhammad Azmat & Nazir, Rabia, 2014.
"Exploring Interlinks between Globalization and Governance: A Panel Data Evidence,"
61334, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nadeem, Muhammad & Hayat, Muhammad Azmat & Nazir, Rabia, 2014. "Exploring Interlinks between Globalization and Governance: A Panel Data Evidence," MPRA Paper 61337, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gema Fabro & José Aixalá, 2013. "Do the Models of Institutional Quality Differ According to the Income Level of the Countries? The Case of the Low-Income Countries," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 206(3), pages 11-26, September.
- Belke, Ansgar & Bordon, Ingo G. & Melnykovska, Inna & Schweickert, Rainer, 2009. "Prospective membership and institutional change in transition countries," Kiel Working Papers 1562, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Hagen, Rune Jansen, 2014. "Rents and the Political Economy of Development Aid," Working Papers in Economics 07/14, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Antonio Savoia & Kunal Sen, 2015. "Measurement, Evolution, Determinants, And Consequences Of State Capacity: A Review Of Recent Research," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 441-458, July.
- Juan Felipe Riaño-Rodríguez, 2014.
"More than Words and Good Intentions: The Political Agenda-Setting Power,"
011011, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Riaño Rodríguez, Juan Felipe, 2014. "More than Words and Good Intentions: The Political Agenda-Setting Power Behind Foreign Aid Mechanisms," MPRA Paper 54826, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cristina Boţa-Avram, 2013. "The Interplay Between Governance and Global Competitiveness: Evidence from a Cross-Country Survey," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 20(3), pages 381-388, November.
- Yenner Altunbas & John Thornton & Chrysovalantis Vasilakis, 2015. "More foreign aid, less financial development," Working Papers 15007, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Wako, Hassen, 2016. "Aid, institutions and economic growth: Heterogeneous parameters and heterogeneous donors," MERIT Working Papers 009, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Yener Altunbas & John Thornton, 2010. "Does Paying Taxes Improve the Quality of Governance? Cross-Country Evidence," Working Papers 10006, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Audrey Rose Menard, 2014.
"Do natural resources condition the aid-governance relationship? Evidence from Africa,"
AccessEcon, vol. 34(2), pages 1317-1326.
- Audrey Menard, 2012. "Do natural resources condition the aidgovernance relationship? Evidence from Africa," Working Papers of BETA 2012-18, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Zohid Askarov & Hristos Doucouliagos, 2013. "Does aid improve democracy and governance? A meta-regression analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 157(3), pages 601-628, December.
- repec:got:cegedp:111 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsOfficial development assistance Governance;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:104:y:2009:i:2:p:76-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.