Estimating economies of scope using the profit function: A dual approach for the normalized quadratic profit function
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Songqing Jin & Scott Rozelle & Julian Alston & Jikun Huang, 2005.
"Economies Of Scale And Scope And The Economic Efficiency Of China'S Agricultural Research System,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(3), pages 1033-1057, August.
- Jin, Songqing & Alston, Julian M. & Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun, 2003. "Economies Of Scale And Scope, And The Economic Efficiency Of China'S Agricultural Research System," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22088, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Allen M. Featherstone & Charles B. Moss, 1994.
"Measuring Economies of Scale and Scope in Agricultural Banking,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 655-661.
- Featherstone, Allen M. & Moss, Charles B., 1993. "Measuring Economies of Scale and Scope in Agricultural Banking," Proceedings: 1993 Regional Committee NC-207, October 4-5, 1993, Chicago, Illinois 131339, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- J. Fernandez-Cornejo & C. M. Gempesaw II & J. G. Elterich & S. E. Stefanou, 1992. "Dynamic Measures of Scope and Scale Economies: An Application to German Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(2), pages 329-342.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hancock, Diana & Humphrey, David B., 1993. "Bank efficiency derived from the profit function," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 317-347, April.
- Lusk, Jayson L. & Featherstone, Allen M. & Marsh, Thomas L. & Abdulkadri, Abdullahi O., 2002. "Empirical properties of duality theory," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(1), March.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hunter, William C. & Timme, Stephen G., 1993. "The efficiency of financial institutions: A review and preview of research past, present and future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 221-249, April.
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1976. "A characterization of the normalized restricted profit function," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 131-163, February.
- Cohn, Elchanan & Rhine, Sherrie L W & Santos, Maria C, 1989. "Institutions of Higher Education as Multi-product Firms: Economies of Scale and Scope," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 284-290, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre Dupraz & Chalachew Temesgen Jemberie, 2012.
"Farmland rental rate and marginal return to land: A french FADN perspective,"
- Dupraz, Pierre & Temesgen, Chalachew, 2012. "Farmland Rental Rate and Marginal Return to Land: A French FADN Perspective," 86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 134954, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Pokharel, Krishna P & Featherstone, Allen M, 2016. "A Nonparametric Approach to Estimate Multiproduct and Product-specific Scale and Scope Economies for Agricultural Cooperatives," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236182, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Featherstone, Allen M. & Burbidge, Linda D., 2010. "A Comparison of Methods for Imposing Curvature on the Normalized Quadratic Indirect Profit Function," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61661, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:100:y:2008:i:3:p:418-421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.