Long-run estimates of technological change and scale economies in a dynamic framework: Australian permanent building societies, 1974-1990
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edgar, R J & Hatch, J H & Lewis, M K, 1971. "Economies of Scale in Australian Banking, 1947-68," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 47(117), pages 17-37, March.
- William C. Hunter & Stephen G. Timme, 1993. "Core deposits and physical capital: a reexamination of bank scale economies and efficiency with quasi-fixed inputs," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 93-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Dennis J. Fixler & Kimberly D. Zieschang, 1992. "User Costs, Shadow Prices, and the Real Output of Banks," NBER Chapters,in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 219-243 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hardwick, Philip, 1990. "Multi-product Cost Attributes: A Study of U.K. Building Societies," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(2), pages 446-461, April.
- David Humphrey, 1993. "Cost and technical change: Effects from bank deregulation," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 9-34, June.
- Harvey R. Crapp, 1982. "Scale Economies in the N.S.W. Permanent Building Society Industry," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 7(1), pages 33-48, June.
- Hunter, William C & Timme, Stephen G, 1986. "Technical Change, Organizational Form, and the Structure of Bank Production," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 152-166, May.
- Evanoff, Douglas D & Israilevich, Philip R & Merris, Randall C, 1990. "Relative Price Efficiency, Technical Change, and Scale Economies for Large Commercial Banks," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 281-298, September.
- Bewley, Ronald & Fiebig, Denzil G, 1990.
"Why Are Long-run Parameter Estimates So Disparate?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 345-349, May.
- Bewley, R. & Fiebig, D.G., 1989. "Why Are Long-Run Parameter Estimates So Disparate?," Papers 89-3, New South Wales - School of Economics.
- Hunter, William C & Timme, Stephen G, 1991. "Technological Change in Large U.S. Commercial Banks," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(3), pages 339-362, July.
- Mester, Loretta J., 1991. "Agency costs among savings and loans," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 257-278, June.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hancock, Diana & Humphrey, David B., 1993. "Bank efficiency derived from the profit function," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 317-347, April.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hunter, William C. & Timme, Stephen G., 1993. "The efficiency of financial institutions: A review and preview of research past, present and future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 221-249, April.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1988. "A General Index of Technical Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 20-41, February.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1992.
"Measurement and Efficiency Issues in Commercial Banking,"
NBER Chapters,in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 245-300
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1990. "Measurement and efficiency issues in commercial banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 151, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Nerlove, Marc, 1971.
"Further Evidence on the Estimation of Dynamic Economic Relations from a Time Series of Cross Sections,"
Econometric Society, vol. 39(2), pages 359-382, March.
- Marc Nerlove, 1968. "Further Evidence on the Estimation of Dynamic Economic Relations from a Time Series of Cross-Sections," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 257, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- João Rebelo & Victor Mendes, 2000. "Malmquist indices of productivity change in Portuguese banking: The deregulation period," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 6(3), pages 531-543, August.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:6:y:2000:i:3:p:531-543 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:85:y:2017:i:c:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Apergis & Anthony Rezitis, 2004. "Cost structure, technological change, and productivity growth in the greek banking sector," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 10(1), pages 1-15, February.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:10:y:2004:i:1:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Malcolm Abbott & Su Wu & Wei Wang, 2013. "The productivity and performance of Australia’s major banks since deregulation," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(1), pages 122-135, January.
- Warren P. Hogan & Ian G. Sharpe, 1997. "Prudential Regulation of the Financial System: A Functional Approach," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 4(1), pages 15-28.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:19:y:1995:i:7:p:1135-1157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.