A note on technical change in banking: the case of European savings banks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Altunbas, Yener & Goddard, John & Molyneux, Phil, 1999. "Technical change in banking," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 215-221, August.
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 1997.
"Inside the black box: What explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 895-947, July.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the Black Box: What Explains Differences in the Efficiencies of Financial Institutions?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Working Papers 97-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Kumbhakar, Sabul C., 1993. "Production risk, technical efficiency, and panel data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 11-16.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Souza, Geraldo, 1991. "On the asymptotic normality of Fourier flexible form estimates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 329-353, December.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1981. "On the bias in flexible functional forms and an essentially unbiased form : The fourier flexible form," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 211-245, February.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim & Gallant, A Ronald & Souza, Geraldo, 1983. "An Elasticity Can Be Estimated Consistently without A Priori Knowledge of Functional Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1731-1751, November.
- Chalfant, James A. & Gallant, A. Ronald, 1985. "Estimating substitution elasticities with the Fourier cost function : Some Monte Carlo results," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 205-222, May.
- McKillop, Donal G. & Glass, J. Colin & Morikawa, Yukio, 1996. "The composite cost function and efficiency in giant Japanese banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1651-1671, December.
- Hunter, William C & Timme, Stephen G, 1991. "Technological Change in Large U.S. Commercial Banks," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(3), pages 339-362, July.
- Lang, Gunter & Welzel, Peter, 1996. "Efficiency and technical progress in banking Empirical results for a panel of German cooperative banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1003-1023, July.
- Mester, Loretta J., 1996. "A study of bank efficiency taking into account risk-preferences," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1025-1045, July.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1982. "Unbiased determination of production technologies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 285-323, November.
- De Bandt, Olivier & Davis, E. Philip, 2000. "Competition, contestability and market structure in European banking sectors on the eve of EMU," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1045-1066, June.
- William R. White, 1998. "The coming transformation of continental european banking?," BIS Working Papers 54, Bank for International Settlements.
- S. Baranzoni & P. Bianchi & L. Lambertini, 2000. "Multiproduct Firms, Product Differentiation, and Market Structure," Working Papers 368, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Kenneth Spong & Richard J. Sullivan & Robert DeYoung, 1995. "What makes a bank efficient? : a look at financial characteristics and management and ownership structure," Financial Industry Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Dec, pages 1-19.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1988. "A General Index of Technical Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 20-41, February.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schure, Paul & Wagenvoort, Rien & O'Brien, Dermot, 2004.
"The efficiency and the conduct of European banks: Developments after 1992,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 371-396.
- Paul Schure & Dermot O'Brien & Rien Wagenvoort, 2002. "The Efficiency and the Conduct of European Banks: Developments after 1992," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 60, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Cristi SPULBAR & Mihai NITOI & Lucian ANGHEL, 2015. "Efficiency In Cooperative Banks And Savings Banks : A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 5-21, March.
- Barbara Casu & Philip Molyneux, 2003.
"A comparative study of efficiency in European banking,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(17), pages 1865-1876.
- Barbara Casu & Philip Molyneux, 2000. "A Comparative Study of Efficiency in European Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-17, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Trevor Fitzpatrick & Kieran McQuinn, 2005. "Labour Cost Efficiency in UK and Irish Credit Institutions," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 36(1), pages 45-66.
- Mariani Abdul-Majid & David Saal & Giuliana Battisti, 2010. "Efficiency in Islamic and conventional banking: an international comparison," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 25-43, August.
- Adnan Kasman & Saadet Kirbas-Kasman, 2006. "Technical Change in Banking: Evidence From Transition Countries," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 129-144.
- Fitzpatrick, Trevor & McQuinn, Kieran, 2004. "Cost Efficiency in UK and Irish Credit Institutions," Research Technical Papers 3/RT/04, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Williams, Jonathan & Nguyen, Nghia, 2005. "Financial liberalisation, crisis, and restructuring: A comparative study of bank performance and bank governance in South East Asia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2119-2154, August.
- Giovanna Aguilar & Jhonatan Portilla, 2017. " Cambio técnico en el sector regulado de las microfinanzas peruanas: 2003-2015," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2017-446, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:35:y:2003:i:6:p:705-719. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.