Evaluating contingent and actual contributions to a local public good: Tsetse control in the Yale agro-pastoral zone, Burkina Faso
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Echessah, Protase N. & Swallow, Brent M. & Kamara, Damaris W. & Curry, John J., 1997. "Willingness to contribute labor and money to tsetse control: Application of contingent valuation in Busia District, Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 239-253, February.
- Griffin, Charles C, et al, 1995. "Contingent Valuation and Actual Behavior: Predicting Connections to New Water Systems in the State of Kerala, India," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(3), pages 373-395, September.
- Khandker, Shahidur R, 1987. "Labor Market Participation of Married Women in Bangladesh," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 536-541, August.
- Thomas C. Brown & Patricia A. Champ & Richard C. Bishop & Daniel W. McCollum, 1996. "Which Response Format Reveals the Truth about Donations to a Public Good?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(2), pages 152-166.
- Whittington, Dale, et al, 1990. "Estimating the Willingness to Pay for Water Services in Developing Countries: A Case Study of the Use of Contingent Valuation Surveys in Southern Haiti," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(2), pages 293-311, January.
- Laughland, Andrew S. & Musser, Wesley N. & Musser, Lynn M., 1994.
"An Experiment in Contingent Valuation and Social Desirability,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(01), pages 29-36, April.
- Laughland, Andrew S. & Musser, Wesley N. & Musser, Lynn M., 1994. "An Experiment In Contingent Valuation And Social Desirability," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 23(1), April.
- Umali, Dina L & Feder, Gershon & de Haan, Cornelis, 1994. "Animal Health Services: Finding the Balance between Public and Private Delivery," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 71-96, January.
- F. O. Boadu, 1992. "Contingent Valuation For Household Water In Rural Ghana," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 458-465.
- Whittington, Dale & Lauria, Donald T. & Mu, Xinming, 1991. "A study of water vending and willingness to pay for water in Onitsha, Nigeria," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 179-198.
- Swallow, B. M. & Woudyalew, M., 1994. "Evaluating willingness to contribute to a local public good: Application of contingent valuation to tsetse control in Ethiopia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 153-161, November.
- Whittington, Dale & Smith, V. Kerry & Okorafor, Apia & Okore, Augustine & Liu, Jin Long & McPhail, Alexander, 1992. "Giving respondents time to think in contingent valuation studies: A developing country application," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 205-225, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marechera, George & Ndwiga, Joseph, 2015. "Estimation of the Potential Adoption of Aflasafe Among Smallholder Maize Farmers in Lower Eastern Kenya," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(1), March.
- Anna Conte & M. Levati, 2014.
"Use of data on planned contributions and stated beliefs in the measurement of social preferences,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 76(2), pages 201-223, February.
- Anna Conte & M. Vittoria Levati, 2011. "Use of data on planned contributions and stated beliefs in the measurement of social preferences," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-039, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Schlapfer, Felix, 2006. "Survey protocol and income effects in the contingent valuation of public goods: A meta-analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 415-429, May.
- Ahlheim, Michael & Frör, Oliver & Nguyen Minh Duc & Rehl, Antonia & Siepmann, Ute & Pham Van Dinh, 2017. "Labour as a utility measure reconsidered," Hohenheim Discussion Papers in Business, Economics and Social Sciences 03-2017, University of Hohenheim, Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Tilahun, Mesfin & Vranken, Liesbet & Muys, Bart & Deckers, Jozef A. & Gebregziabher, Kidanemariam & Gebrehiwot, Kindeya & Bauer, Hans & Mathijs, Erik, 2012. "Rural Households’ Demand for Frankincense Forest Conservation in Tigray: A Continent Valuation Analysis," Working Papers 146520, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Anand, P.B., 2001.
"Consumer Preferences for Water Supply? An Application of Choice Models to Urban India,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
145, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- P. B. Anand, 2010. "Consumer Preferences for Water Supply? An Application of Choice Models to Urban India," Working Papers id:3287, eSocialSciences.
- J. M. Gibson & D. Rigby & D. A. Polya & N. Russell, 2016. "Discrete Choice Experiments in Developing Countries: Willingness to Pay Versus Willingness to Work," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 65(4), pages 697-721, December.
- Pondorfer, Andreas & Rehdanz, Katrin, 2015. "Eliciting preferences for public goods in non-monetized communities: Accounting for preference uncertainty," Kiel Working Papers 2010, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:39:y:2001:i:1:p:115-130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.