On the Weak vs Strong Version of the Screening Hypothesis: A Re-Examination of the P-Test for the U.K
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1979. "On the weak versus the strong version of the screening hypothesis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 181-185.
- Riley, John G, 1979. "Testing the Educational Screening Hypothesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages S227-52, October.
- Liu, Pak-Wai & Wong, Yue-Chim, 1982. "Educational Screening by Certificates: An Empirical Test," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(1), pages 72-83, January.
- Rao, M. J. Manohar & Datta, Ramesh C., 1989. "The screening hypothesis and the marginal productivity theory," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 379-384, October.
- Arabsheibani, Gholamreza, 1989. "The wiles test revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 361-364.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Oosterbeek, Hessel, 1993. "Evidence on screening: a comment," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 89-90, March.
- Blaug, Mark, 1985. "Where are we now in the economics of education?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 17-28, February.
- Oosterbeek, Hessel, 1992. "Study duration and earnings: A test in relation to the human capital versus screening debate," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 223-228, October.
- Lee, Kiong-Hock, 1980. "Screening, ability, and the productivity of education in Malaysia," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 189-193.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, December.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1978. "Unionism and Wage Rates: A Simultaneous Equations Model with Qualitative and Limited Dependent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(2), pages 415-33, June.
- Miller, Paul W & Volker, Paul A, 1984. "The Screening Hypothesis: An Application of the Wiles Test," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(1), pages 121-27, January.
- Hartog, Joop & Oosterbeek, Hessel, 1993. "Public and private sector wages in the Netherlands," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 97-114, January.
- Katz, Eliakim & Ziderman, Adrian, 1980. "On education, screening and human capital," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 81-88.
- Layard, Richard & Psacharopoulos, George, 1974. "The Screening Hypothesis and the Returns to Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(5), pages 985-98, Sept./Oct.
- Cohn, Elchanan & Kiker, B. F. & De Oliveira, M. Mendes, 1987. "Further evidence on the screening hypothesis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 289-294.
- Arrow, Kenneth J., 1973. "Higher education as a filter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 193-216, July.
- Tucker, Irvin III, 1986. "Evidence on the weak and the strong versions of the screening hypothesis in the United States," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 391-394.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:17:y:1998:i:2:p:189-192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.