Financial liberalization, urban unemployment and welfare: some implications of the artificial low interest rate and the high wage rate policies in LDCs
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Caroline Betts & Joydeep Bhattacharya, 1998.
"Unemployment, credit rationing, and capital accumulation: a tale of two frictions,"
Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 489-517.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Betts, Caroline, 1998. "Unemployment, Credit Rationing, and Capital Accumulation: A Tale of Two Frictions," Staff General Research Papers 5104, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Edwards, Sebastian & Ostry, Jonathan D., 1990. "Anticipated protectionist policies, real exchange rates, and the current account: the case of rigid wages," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 206-219, June.
- Buffie, Edward F., 1984. "Financial repression, the new structuralists, and stabilization policy in semi-industrialized economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 305-322, April.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1983. "Credit policy, inflation and growth in a financially repressed economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 45-65.
- van Wijnbergen, S., 1982. "Stagflationary effects of monetary stabilization policies : A quantitative analysis of South Korea," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 133-169, April.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-42, March.
- Sebastian Edwards & Jonathan D. Ostry, 1989.
"Terms of Trade Disturbances, Real Exchange Rates and Welfare: The Role of Capital Controls and Labor Market Distortions,"
NBER Working Papers
2907, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian & Ostry, Jonathan D, 1992. "Terms of Trade Disturbances, Real Exchange Rates, and Welfare: The Role of Capital Controls and Labor Market Distortions," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(1), pages 20-34, January.
- Battle, Ann Marie, 1997. "Welfare effects of liberalization reforms with distortions in financial and labor markets," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 279-294, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:72:y:2003:i:1:p:163-179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.