Financial liberalization, urban unemployment and welfare: some implications of the artificial low interest rate and the high wage rate policies in LDCs
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Betts, Caroline, 1998.
"Unemployment, Credit Rationing, and Capital Accumulation: A Tale of Two Frictions,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
5104, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Caroline Betts & Joydeep Bhattacharya, 1998. "Unemployment, credit rationing, and capital accumulation: a tale of two frictions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 12(3), pages 489-517.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Buffie, Edward F., 1984. "Financial repression, the new structuralists, and stabilization policy in semi-industrialized economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 305-322, April.
- Edwards, Sebastian & Ostry, Jonathan D., 1990. "Anticipated protectionist policies, real exchange rates, and the current account: the case of rigid wages," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 206-219, June.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1983. "Credit policy, inflation and growth in a financially repressed economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 45-65.
- Edwards, Sebastian & Ostry, Jonathan D, 1992.
"Terms of Trade Disturbances, Real Exchange Rates, and Welfare: The Role of Capital Controls and Labor Market Distortions,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 44(1), pages 20-34, January.
- Sebastian Edwards & Jonathan D. Ostry, 1989. "Terms of Trade Disturbances, Real Exchange Rates and Welfare: The Role of Capital Controls and Labor Market Distortions," NBER Working Papers 2907, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Battle, Ann Marie, 1997. "Welfare effects of liberalization reforms with distortions in financial and labor markets," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 279-294, April.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- van Wijnbergen, S., 1982. "Stagflationary effects of monetary stabilization policies : A quantitative analysis of South Korea," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 133-169, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:72:y:2003:i:1:p:163-179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.