Maltreatment of children in out-of-home care: A review of associated factors and outcomes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blatt, Edward R., 1992. "Factors associated with child abuse and neglect in residential care settings," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 493-517.
- Shaughnessy, Michael F., 1984. "Institutional child abuse," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 311-318.
- Turner, Heather A. & Finkelhor, David & Ormrod, Richard, 2006. "The effect of lifetime victimization on the mental health of children and adolescents," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 13-27, January.
- Spencer, J. William & Knudsen, Dean D., 1992. "Out-of-home maltreatment: An analysis of risk in various settings for children," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 485-492.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1994:84:10:1586-1590_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolock, Isabel & Sherman, Patricia & Feldman, Leonard H. & Metzger, Barbara, 2001. "Child abuse and neglect referral patterns: A longitudinal study," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 21-47, January.
- Groze, Victor, 1990. "An exploratory investigation into institutional mistreatment," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 229-241.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aventin, Áine & Houston, Stan & Macdonald, Geraldine, 2014. "Utilising a computer game as a therapeutic intervention for youth in residential care: Some preliminary findings on use and acceptability," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(P3), pages 362-369.
- Euser, Saskia & Alink, Lenneke R.A. & Tharner, Anne & van IJzendoorn, Marinus H. & Bakermans-Kranenburg, Marian J., 2014. "Out of home placement to promote safety? The prevalence of physical abuse in residential and foster care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 64-70.
- González-García, Carla & Bravo, Amaia & Arruabarrena, Ignacia & Martín, Eduardo & Santos, Iriana & Del Valle, Jorge F., 2017. "Emotional and behavioral problems of children in residential care: Screening detection and referrals to mental health services," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 100-106.
More about this item
KeywordsChild maltreatment; Out-of-home care; Impact of maltreatment in out-of-home care;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev:v:34:y:2012:i:12:p:2280-2286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.