Maltreatment of children in out-of-home care: A review of associated factors and outcomes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shaughnessy, Michael F., 1984. "Institutional child abuse," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 311-318.
- Groze, Victor, 1990. "An exploratory investigation into institutional mistreatment," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 229-241.
- Blatt, Edward R., 1992. "Factors associated with child abuse and neglect in residential care settings," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 493-517.
- Turner, Heather A. & Finkelhor, David & Ormrod, Richard, 2006. "The effect of lifetime victimization on the mental health of children and adolescents," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 13-27, January.
- Spencer, J. William & Knudsen, Dean D., 1992. "Out-of-home maltreatment: An analysis of risk in various settings for children," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 485-492.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1994:84:10:1586-1590_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolock, Isabel & Sherman, Patricia & Feldman, Leonard H. & Metzger, Barbara, 2001. "Child abuse and neglect referral patterns: A longitudinal study," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 21-47, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aventin, Áine & Houston, Stan & Macdonald, Geraldine, 2014. "Utilising a computer game as a therapeutic intervention for youth in residential care: Some preliminary findings on use and acceptability," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(P3), pages 362-369.
- Euser, Saskia & Alink, Lenneke R.A. & Tharner, Anne & van IJzendoorn, Marinus H. & Bakermans-Kranenburg, Marian J., 2014. "Out of home placement to promote safety? The prevalence of physical abuse in residential and foster care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 64-70.
- González-García, Carla & Bravo, Amaia & Arruabarrena, Ignacia & Martín, Eduardo & Santos, Iriana & Del Valle, Jorge F., 2017. "Emotional and behavioral problems of children in residential care: Screening detection and referrals to mental health services," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 100-106.
More about this item
KeywordsChild maltreatment; Out-of-home care; Impact of maltreatment in out-of-home care;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev:v:34:y:2012:i:12:p:2280-2286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .