The effect of lifetime victimization on the mental health of children and adolescents
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:5:753-760_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1983:73:12:1389-1394_1 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uliando, Anna & Mellor, David, 2012. "Maltreatment of children in out-of-home care: A review of associated factors and outcomes," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2280-2286.
- Kort-Butler, Lisa A., 2010. "Experienced and vicarious victimization: Do social support and self-esteem prevent delinquent responses?," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 496-505, July.
- Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Popovici, Ioana & French, Michael T., 2016. "Are natural disasters in early childhood associated with mental health and substance use disorders as an adult?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 78-91.
- Romito, Patrizia & Grassi, Michele, 2007. "Does violence affect one gender more than the other? The mental health impact of violence among male and female university students," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(6), pages 1222-1234, September.
- Schilling, Elizabeth A. & Aseltine, Robert H. & Gore, Susan, 2008. "The impact of cumulative childhood adversity on young adult mental health: Measures, models, and interpretations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(5), pages 1140-1151, March.
- repec:eee:cysrev:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:84-91 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:cysrev:v:81:y:2017:i:c:p:368-378 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bender, Kimberly, 2010. "Why do some maltreated youth become juvenile offenders?: A call for further investigation and adaptation of youth services," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 466-473, March.
- McLaughlin, Katie A. & Breslau, Joshua & Green, Jennifer Greif & Lakoma, Matthew D. & Sampson, Nancy A. & Zaslavsky, Alan M. & Kessler, Ronald C., 2011. "Childhood socio-economic status and the onset, persistence, and severity of DSM-IV mental disorders in a US national sample," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(7), pages 1088-1096.
- Reckdenwald, Amy & Mancini, Christina & Beauregard, Eric, 2014. "Adolescent self-image as a mediator between childhood maltreatment and adult sexual offending," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 85-94.
- Fusco, Rachel A. & Jung, Nahri & Newhill, Christina E., 2016. "Maternal victimization and child trauma: The mediating role of mothers' affect," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 247-253.
- Turner, Heather A. & Finkelhor, David & Hamby, Sherry L. & Shattuck, Anne, 2013. "Family structure, victimization, and child mental health in a nationally representative sample," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 39-51.
- J. Barth & L. Bermetz & E. Heim & S. Trelle & T. Tonia, 2013. "The current prevalence of child sexual abuse worldwide: a systematic review and meta-analysis," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 58(3), pages 469-483, June.
- McWey, Lenore M. & Acock, Alan & Porter, Breanne E., 2010. "The impact of continued contact with biological parents upon the mental health of children in foster care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1338-1345, October.
- Gault-Sherman, Martha & Silver, Eric & Sigfúsdóttir, Inga Dóra, 2009. "Gender and the associated impairments of childhood sexual abuse: A national study of Icelandic youth," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 1515-1522, November.
More about this item
KeywordsUSA Children Adolescents Victimization Stress Mental health;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:62:y:2006:i:1:p:13-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.