Does it cost to be sustainable?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Darren D. Lee & Robert W. Faff & Kim Langfield-Smith, 2009. "Revisiting the Vexing Question: Does Superior Corporate Social Performance Lead to Improved Financial Performance?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 34(1), pages 21-49, June.
- Jensen, Michael C & Murphy, Kevin J, 1990. "Performance Pay and Top-Management Incentives," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, pages 225-264.
- Darren D. Lee & Robert W. Faff, 2009. "Corporate Sustainability Performance and Idiosyncratic Risk: A Global Perspective," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 213-237, May.
- James Hawley & Andrew Williams, 2007. "Universal Owners: challenges and opportunities," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, pages 415-420.
- Stephen Brammer & Chris Brooks & Stephen Pavelin, 2006.
"Corporate Social Performance and Stock Returns: UK Evidence from Disaggregate Measures,"
Financial Management Association International, vol. 35(3), pages 97-116, September.
- Stephen Brammer & Chris Brooks & Stephen Pavelin, 2006. "Corporate Social Performance and Stock Returns: UK Evidence from Disaggregate Measures," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 35(3), Autumn.
- Herremans, Irene M. & Akathaporn, Parporn & McInnes, Morris, 1993. "An investigation of corporate social responsibility reputation and economic performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 18(7-8), pages 587-604.
- Hon, Mark T. & Tonks, Ian, 2003.
"Momentum in the UK stock market,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, pages 43-70.
- Ian Tonks & Mark T Hon, 2002. "Mommentum in the UK Stock Market," FMG Discussion Papers dp405, Financial Markets Group.
- Hon, Mark T. & Tonks, Ian, 2002. "Mommentum in the UK stock market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24909, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Krishna Udayasankar, 2008. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Firm Size," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 167-175.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J & Blake, Christopher R, 1996. "The Persistence of Risk-Adjusted Mutual Fund Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(2), pages 133-157, April.
- Greg Filbeck & Raymond Gorman & Xin Zhao, 2009. "The "Best Corporate Citizens": Are They Good for Their Shareholders?," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 239-262, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Borghesi, Richard & Houston, Joel F. & Naranjo, Andy, 2014. "Corporate socially responsible investments: CEO altruism, reputation, and shareholder interests," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, pages 164-181.
- Halbritter, Gerhard & Dorfleitner, Gregor, 2015. "The wages of social responsibility — where are they? A critical review of ESG investing," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, pages 25-35.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Rocco Ciciretti & Ambrogio D'Alò, 2016. "Fishing the Corporate Social Responsibility Risk Factors," CEIS Research Paper 368, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 07 Feb 2017.
- Benjamin R. Auer, 2016. "Do Socially Responsible Investment Policies Add or Destroy European Stock Portfolio Value?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 381-397.
- Amama Shaukat & Yan Qiu & Grzegorz Trojanowski, 2016. "Board Attributes, Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy, and Corporate Environmental and Social Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 569-585.
- Koh, SzeKee & Durand, Robert B. & Limkriangkrai, Manapon, 2015. "The value of Saints and the price of Sin," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, pages 56-72.
- Janusz Brzeszczyński & Graham McIntosh, 2014.
"Performance of Portfolios Composed of British SRI Stocks,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, pages 335-362.
- Janusz Brzeszczynski & Graham McIntosh, 2012. "Performance of Portfolios Composed of British SRI Stocks," CFI Discussion Papers 1201, Centre for Finance and Investment, Heriot Watt University.
- Radojko LUKIÆ, 2013. "Sustainable Cost Management in Retail," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(2), pages 268-280, May.
- Graham McIntosh, 2016. "Socially Responsible Investment and Market Performance: The Case of Energy and Resource Firms," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1609, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Cai, Ye & Pan, Carrie H. & Statman, Meir, 2016. "Why do countries matter so much in corporate social performance?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, pages 591-609.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Ciciretti, Rocco & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2015.
"Corporate social responsibility, stakeholder risk, and idiosyncratic volatility,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, pages 297-309.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Rocco Ciciretti & Iftekhar Hasan, 2013. "Corporate Social Responsibility, Stakeholder Risk, and Idiosyncratic Volatility," CEIS Research Paper 285, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 16 Dec 2013.
- María del Mar Miralles-Quirós & José Luis Miralles-Quirós, 2017. "Improving Diversification Opportunities for Socially Responsible Investors," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 339-351.
- Rocco Ciciretti & Ambrogio Dalò & Lammertjan Dam, 2017. "The Price of Taste for Socially Responsible Investment," CEIS Research Paper 413, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 28 Jul 2017.
- McCarthy, Scott & Oliver, Barry & Song, Sizhe, 2017. "Corporate social responsibility and CEO confidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 280-291.
- Mahfuja Malik, 2015.
"Value-Enhancing Capabilities of CSR: A Brief Review of Contemporary Literature,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, pages 419-438.
- Marco Heimann & Étienne Mullet & Jean-François Bonnefon, 2015. "Peoples’ Views About the Acceptability of Executive Bonuses and Compensation Policies," Post-Print halshs-01398420, HAL.
- Crifo, Patricia & Forget, Vanina D. & Teyssier, Sabrina, 2015.
"The price of environmental, social and governance practice disclosure: An experiment with professional private equity investors,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, pages 168-194.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina Forget & Sabrina Teyssier, 2015. "The Price of Environmental, Social and Governance Practices Disclosure: An Experiment with Professional Private Equity Investor," Post-Print hal-01410643, HAL.
- Nandy, Monomita & Lodh, Suman, 2012. "Do banks value the eco-friendliness of firms in their corporate lending decision? Some empirical evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 83-93.
- Ho, Simon S.M. & Li, Annie Yuansha & Tam, Kinsun & Tong, Jamie Y., 2016. "Ethical image, corporate social responsibility, and R&D valuation," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, pages 335-348.
More about this item
KeywordsSustainability; Corporate social performance; Environmental; Social; Governance;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:corfin:v:18:y:2012:i:3:p:626-639. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin .