Market structure, conduct and performance: Evidence from the Bangladesh banking industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brucker, Eric, 1970. "A Microeconomic Approach to Banking Competition," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(5), pages 1133-1141, December.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1977.
"The Gains and Losses from Industrial Concentration,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(2), pages 229-263, October.
- Sam Peltzman, 1977. "The Gains and Losses From Industrial Concentration," NBER Working Papers 0163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Lloyd-Williams, D. M. & Molyneux, Phil & Thornton, John, 1994. "Market structure and performance in Spanish banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 433-443, May.
- Gilligan, Thomas & Smirlock, Michael & Marshall, William, 1984. "Scale and scope economies in the multi-product banking firm," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 393-405, May.
- Smirlock, Michael, 1985. "Evidence on the (Non) Relationship between Concentration and Profitability in Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(1), pages 69-83, February.
- Rose, Peter S & Fraser, Donald R, 1976. "The Relationships between Stability and Change in Market Structure: An Analysis of Bank Prices," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 251-266, June.
- Gilbert, R Alton, 1984. "Bank Market Structure and Competition: A Survey," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 617-644, November.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Diana L. Fortier, 1987. "Reevaluation of the structure-conduct-performance paradigm in banking," Staff Memoranda 87-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:531-545 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-02-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kostić Zorana & Stojanović Boban & Radukić Snežana, 2016. "Measuring the Level of Competition on the Serbian Mobile Telecommunications Market," Economic Themes, De Gruyter Open, vol. 54(3), pages 323-343, September.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-413 is not listed on IDEAS
- Labidi, Widede & Mensi, Sami, 2015. "Does Banking Market Power Matter on Financial (In)Stability? Evidence from the Banking Industry MENA Region," MPRA Paper 62190, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Feb 2015.
- Tan, Yong, 2016. "The impacts of risk and competition on bank profitability in China," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 85-110.
- Mahmood ul Hasan Khan & Muhammad Nadim Hanif, 2017. "An Empirical Evaluation of ‘Structure-Conduct-Performance’ and ‘Efficient-Structure’ Paradigms in the Banking Sector of Pakistan," SBP Working Paper Series 90, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:19:y:2008:i:2:p:181-193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.