The Gains and Losses from Industrial Concentration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Sam Peltzman, 1977. "The Gains and Losses From Industrial Concentration," NBER Working Papers 0163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Chang-Yang Lee & Ji-Hwan Lee & Ajai S. Gaur, 2017. "Are large business groups conducive to industry innovation? The moderating role of technological appropriability," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 313-337, June.
- Canh Nguyen & Minh Le & Khoa Cai & Michel Simioni, 2021. "Technical efficiency of Vietnamese manufacturing firms: do FDI spillovers matter?," Post-Print hal-03145499, HAL.
- Samuel Fosu, 2013. "Banking Competition in Africa: Sub-regional Comparative Studies," Discussion Papers in Economics 13/12, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester, revised Jun 2013.
- Murinde, Victor & Zhao, Tianshu, 2009. "Bank competition, risk taking and productive efficiency: Evidence from Nigeria's banking reform experiments," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-23, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1994.
"Bank scale economies, mergers, concentration, and efficiency: the U.S. experience,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
94-23, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen Berger & David Humphrey, 1994. "Bank Scale Economies, Mergers, Concentration, and Efficiency: The U.S. Experience," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-25, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Turk Ariss, Rima, 2010. "On the implications of market power in banking: Evidence from developing countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 765-775, April.
- Tong, Hui & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2014.
"Does trade globalization induce or inhibit corporate transparency? Unbundling the growth potential and product market competition channels,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 358-370.
- Hui Tong & Shang-Jin Wei, 2011. "Does Trade Globalization Induce or Inhibit Corporate Transparency? Unbundling the Growth Potential and Product Market Competition Channels," NBER Working Papers 17631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tong, Hui & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2012. "Does Trade Globalization Induce or Inhibit Corporate Transparency? Unbundling the Growth Potential and Product Market Competition Channels," CEPR Discussion Papers 8836, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emmanuel, Zachariah & Anga, Rosemary A. & Isa, Charity G., 2019. "The Determinants of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises’ (MSMEs) Performance in Nigeria: Evidence from Business Enterprise Survey," MPRA Paper 98874, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dima, Bogdan & Dincă, Marius Sorin & Spulbăr, Cristi, 2014. "Financial nexus: Efficiency and soundness in banking and capital markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 100-124.
- Tammy L. Madsen & Michael J. Leiblein, 2015. "What Factors Affect the Persistence of an Innovation Advantage?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(8), pages 1097-1127, December.
- Burke, A.E. & van Stel, A.J. & Thurik, A.R., 2009. "Blue Ocean versus Competitive Strategy: Theory and Evidence," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2009-030-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, "undated".
"The Effects of Megamergers on Efficiency and Prices: Evidence from a Bank Profit Function,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1997-09, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 10 Dec 2019.
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "The effects of megamergers on efficiency and prices: evidence from a bank profit function," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-9, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1996. "The Effects of Megamergers on Efficiency and Prices: Evidence from a Bank Profit Function," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-03, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- J-L Hu & C-Y Fang, 2010. "Do market share and efficiency matter for each other? An application of the zero-sum gains data envelopment analysis," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 61(4), pages 647-657, April.
- Azzeddine Azzam & David Rosenbaum, 2001. "Differential efficiency, market structure and price," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(10), pages 1351-1357.
- Jin Lung Peng & Lih Ru Chen & Jennifer L. Wang & Larry Y. Tzeng, 2017. "Diversification Versus Strategic Focus: Evidence from Insurance Intermediaries in Taiwan," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 42(3), pages 530-555, July.
- Iman Seoudi & Matthias Huehn & Bo Carlsson, 2008. "Penrose Revisited: A Re-Appraisal of the Resource Perspective," Working Papers 14, The German University in Cairo, Faculty of Management Technology.
- Eleonora Bartoloni & Maurizio Baussola, 2015. "Persistent Product Innovation and Market-oriented Behaviour: the Impact on Firms' Performance," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1505, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Michael, Steven C., 2003. "First mover advantage through franchising," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 61-80, January.
- Delpeuch, Claire & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2013.
"Revisiting the “Cotton Problem”—A Comparative Analysis of Cotton Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 209-221.
- Delpeuch, Claire & Vandeplas, Anneleen & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2010. "Revisiting the "Cotton Problem:" A Comparative Analysis of Cotton Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96176, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Delpeuch, Claire & Vandeplas, Anneleen & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2010. "Revisiting the “Cotton Problem”: A comparative analysis of cotton reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa," 84th Annual Conference, March 29-31, 2010, Edinburgh, Scotland 62042, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Delpeuch, Claire & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2011. "Revisiting the "Cotton Problem" - A Comparative Analysis of Cotton Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114446, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Claire Delpeuch & Anneleen Vandeplas & Johan F.M.Swinnen, 2011. "Revisiting the "cotton problem": A comparative analysis of cotton reforms in sub-Saharan Africa," LICOS Discussion Papers 29011, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Delpeuch, Claire & Vandeplas, Anneleen & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2010. "Revisiting the “cotton problem”: A comparative analysis of cotton reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa," 84th Annual Conference, March 29-31, 2010, Edinburgh, Scotland 91806, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Nesreen Barakat, 2012. "Arab Passengers’ Airlines Framework and Performance: Jordan Case," Working Papers 727, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:20:y:1977:i:2:p:229-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Journals Division (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.