Energy saving in thermal energy systems using dimpled surface technology – A review on mechanisms and applications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Luo, Lei & Du, Wei & Wang, Songtao & Wang, Lei & Sundén, Bengt & Zhang, Xinhong, 2017. "Multi-objective optimization of a solar receiver considering both the dimple/protrusion depth and delta-winglet vortex generators," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 1-19.
- Kumar, Anil & Kumar, Raj & Maithani, Rajesh & Chauhan, Ranchan & Sethi, Muneesh & Kumari, Anita & Kumar, Sushil & Kumar, Sunil, 2017. "Correlation development for Nusselt number and friction factor of a multiple type V-pattern dimpled obstacles solar air passage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 461-479.
- Hwang, Sang Dong & Kwon, Hyun Goo & Cho, Hyung Hee, 2010. "Local heat transfer and thermal performance on periodically dimple-protrusion patterned walls for compact heat exchangers," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 5357-5364.
- Tang, Heng & Tang, Yong & Wan, Zhenping & Li, Jie & Yuan, Wei & Lu, Longsheng & Li, Yong & Tang, Kairui, 2018. "Review of applications and developments of ultra-thin micro heat pipes for electronic cooling," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 223(C), pages 383-400.
- Xia, H.H. & Tang, G.H. & Shi, Y. & Tao, W.Q., 2014. "Simulation of heat transfer enhancement by longitudinal vortex generators in dimple heat exchangers," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 27-36.
- Wang, Yiping & Li, Shuai & Xie, Xu & Deng, Yadong & Liu, Xun & Su, Chuqi, 2018. "Performance evaluation of an automotive thermoelectric generator with inserted fins or dimpled-surface hot heat exchanger," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 218(C), pages 391-401.
- Gallegos, Ralph Kristoffer B. & Sharma, Rajnish N., 2017. "Flags as vortex generators for heat transfer enhancement: Gaps and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 950-962.
- Zhang, Ji & Zhu, Xiaowei & Mondejar, Maria E. & Haglind, Fredrik, 2019. "A review of heat transfer enhancement techniques in plate heat exchangers," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 305-328.
- Sheikholeslami, Mohsen & Gorji-Bandpy, Mofid & Ganji, Davood Domiri, 2015. "Review of heat transfer enhancement methods: Focus on passive methods using swirl flow devices," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 444-469.
- Zhao, X.B. & Tang, G.H. & Ma, X.W. & Jin, Y. & Tao, W.Q., 2014. "Numerical investigation of heat transfer and erosion characteristics for H-type finned oval tube with longitudinal vortex generators and dimples," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 93-104.
- Chauhan, Ranchan & Singh, Tej & Thakur, N.S. & Kumar, Nitin & Kumar, Raj & Kumar, Anil, 2018. "Heat transfer augmentation in solar thermal collectors using impinging air jets: A comprehensive review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 82(P3), pages 3179-3190.
- Vivekh, P. & Kumja, M. & Bui, D.T. & Chua, K.J., 2018. "Recent developments in solid desiccant coated heat exchangers – A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 229(C), pages 778-803.
- Saini, R.P. & Verma, Jitendra, 2008. "Heat transfer and friction factor correlations for a duct having dimple-shape artificial roughness for solar air heaters," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1277-1287.
- Liu, S. & Sakr, M., 2013. "A comprehensive review on passive heat transfer enhancements in pipe exchangers," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 64-81.
- Tian, Y. & Zhao, C.Y., 2013. "A review of solar collectors and thermal energy storage in solar thermal applications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 538-553.
- Nkurikiyimfura, Innocent & Wang, Yanmin & Pan, Zhidong, 2013. "Heat transfer enhancement by magnetic nanofluids—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 548-561.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dezan, Daniel J. & Rocha, André D. & Ferreira, Wallace G., 2020. "Parametric sensitivity analysis and optimisation of a solar air heater with multiple rows of longitudinal vortex generators," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 263(C).
More about this item
KeywordsDimpled surface technology; Thermal energy systems; Energy management; Heat transfer enhancement; Pressure drop penalty; Geometries and arrangements;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:250:y:2019:i:c:p:1491-1547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.