Review and quantitative assessment of ex situ household rainwater harvesting systems in Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruerd Ruben & Gideon Kruseman & Arie Kuyvenhoven, 2006. "Strategies for sustainable intensification in East African highlands: labor use and input efficiency," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 34(2), pages 167-181, March.
- Oweis, T. & Hachum, A. & Kijne, J., 1999. "Water harvesting and supplemental irrigation for improved water use efficiency in dry areas," IWMI Books, Reports H024198, International Water Management Institute.
- Anderson, Jock R., 1992. "Difficulties in African agricultural systems enhancement? Ten hypotheses," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 387-409.
- Ngigi, Stephen N. & Savenije, Hubert H.G. & Thome, Josephine N. & Rockstrom, Johan & de Vries, F.W.T. Penning, 2005. "Agro-hydrological evaluation of on-farm rainwater storage systems for supplemental irrigation in Laikipia district, Kenya," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 21-41, April.
- Awulachew, Seleshi Bekele & Merrey, Douglas & Kamara, Abdul & van Koppen, Barbara & Penning de Vries, Frits & Boelee, Eline, 2005. "Experiences and opportunities for promoting small-scale/micro irrigation and rainwater harvesting for food security in Ethiopia," IWMI Working Papers H038044, International Water Management Institute.
- Geerts, Sam & Raes, Dirk, 2009. "Deficit irrigation as an on-farm strategy to maximize crop water productivity in dry areas," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(9), pages 1275-1284, September.
- Amsalu, Aklilu & de Graaff, Jan, 2007. "Determinants of adoption and continued use of stone terraces for soil and water conservation in an Ethiopian highland watershed," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 294-302, March.
- Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Dawe, David & Hafeez, Mohsin, 2007. "Economic evaluation of small multi-purpose ponds in the Zhanghe irrigation system, China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 91(1-3), pages 61-70, July.
- Goel, A.K. & Kumar, R., 2005. "Economic analysis of water harvesting in a mountainous watershed in India," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 257-266, February.
- Fox, P. & Rockstrom, J. & Barron, J., 2005. "Risk analysis and economic viability of water harvesting for supplemental irrigation in semi-arid Burkina Faso and Kenya," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 231-250, March.
- Barron, Jennie & Okwach, George, 2005. "Run-off water harvesting for dry spell mitigation in maize (Zea mays L.): results from on-farm research in semi-arid Kenya," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 1-21, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iglesias, Ana & Garrote, Luis, 2015. "Adaptation strategies for agricultural water management under climate change in Europe," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 155(C), pages 113-124.
- Assefa, Shibeshi & Biazin, Birhanu & Muluneh, Alemayehu & Yimer, Fantaw & Haileslassie, Amare, 2016. "Rainwater harvesting for supplemental irrigation of onions in the southern dry lands of Ethiopia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 325-334.
- Rishi Ram Kattel, "undated". "Rainwater Harvesting and Rural Livelihoods in Nepal," Working papers 102, The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics.
- Bouma, Jetske A. & Hegde, Seema S. & Lasage, Ralph, 2016. "Assessing the returns to water harvesting: A meta-analysis," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 100-109.
More about this item
KeywordsWater balance Cost-benefit Rain water ponds Rain water tanks;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:98:y:2011:i:8:p:1215-1227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.