Diagnosing irrigation performance and water productivity through satellite remote sensing and secondary data in a large irrigation system of Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bos, M. G. & Burton, M. A. & Molden, David J., 2005. "Irrigation and drainage performance assessment: practical guidelines," IWMI Books, Reports H037064, International Water Management Institute.
- Seckler, D., 1996. "The new era of water resources management: from \dry\ to \wet\ water savings," IWMI Research Reports H018206, International Water Management Institute.
- Rao, P. S., 1993. "Review of selected literature on indicators of irrigation performance," IWMI Books, Reports H013467, International Water Management Institute.
- Akbari, Mehdi & Toomanian, Norair & Droogers, Peter & Bastiaanssen, Wim & Gieske, Ambro, 2007. "Monitoring irrigation performance in Esfahan, Iran, using NOAA satellite imagery," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 88(1-3), pages 99-109, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liaqat, Umar Waqas & Awan, Usman Khalid & McCabe, Matthew Francis & Choi, Minha, 2016. "A geo-informatics approach for estimating water resources management components and their interrelationships," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 89-105.
- Yousaf, Wasif & Awan, Wakas Karim & Kamran, Muhammad & Ahmad, Sajid Rashid & Bodla, Habib Ullah & Riaz, Mohammad & Umar, Muhammad & Chohan, Khurram, 2021. "A paradigm of GIS and remote sensing for crop water deficit assessment in near real time to improve irrigation distribution plan," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 243(C).
- Zamani, Omid & Azadi, Hossein & Mortazavi, Seyed Abolghasem & Balali, Hamid & Moghaddam, Saghi Movahhed & Jurik, Lubos, 2021. "The impact of water-pricing policies on water productivity: Evidence of agriculture sector in Iran," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 245(C).
- Elshaikh, Ahmed E. & Jiao, Xiyun & Yang, Shi-hong, 2018. "Performance evaluation of irrigation projects: Theories, methods, and techniques," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 203(C), pages 87-96.
- Yan, Nana & Wu, Bingfang, 2014. "Integrated spatial–temporal analysis of crop water productivity of winter wheat in Hai Basin," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 24-33.
- Colaizzi, Paul D. & O’Shaughnessy, Susan A. & Evett, Steve R. & Mounce, Ryan B., 2017. "Crop evapotranspiration calculation using infrared thermometers aboard center pivots," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 173-189.
- Hunink, Johannes E. & Contreras, Sergio & Soto-García, Mariano & Martin-Gorriz, Bernardo & Martinez-Álvarez, Victoriano & Baille, Alain, 2015. "Estimating groundwater use patterns of perennial and seasonal crops in a Mediterranean irrigation scheme, using remote sensing," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 47-56.
- Muhammad Usman & Talha Mahmood & Christopher Conrad & Habib Ullah Bodla, 2020. "Remote Sensing and Modelling Based Framework for Valuing Irrigation System Efficiency and Steering Indicators of Consumptive Water Use in an Irrigated Region," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(22), pages 1-33, November.
- de Wildt, Tristan E. & Chappin, Emile J.L. & van de Kaa, Geerten & Herder, Paulien M., 2018. "A comprehensive approach to reviewing latent topics addressed by literature across multiple disciplines," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 2111-2128.
- Kirby, Mac & Ahmad, Mobin-ud-Din & Mainuddin, Mohammed & Khaliq, Tasneem & Cheema, M.J.M., 2017. "Agricultural production, water use and food availability in Pakistan: Historical trends, and projections to 2050," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 34-46.
- Sharma, Bharat R. & Amarasinghe, Upali & Ambili, G. K., 2010. "Tackling water and food crisis in South Asia: insights from the Indo-Gangetic Basin. Synthesis report of the Basin Focal Project for the Indo-Gangetic Basin," IWMI Research Reports H044046, International Water Management Institute.
- Hulin Pan & Qian Xu, 2018. "Quantitative Analysis on the Influence Factors of the Sustainable Water Resource Management Performance in Irrigation Areas: An Empirical Research from China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-15, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lecina, S. & Neale, C.M.U. & Merkley, G.P. & Dos Santos, C.A.C., 2011. "Irrigation evaluation based on performance analysis and water accounting at the Bear River Irrigation Project (U.S.A.)," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(9), pages 1349-1363, July.
- Pereira, Luis S. & Cordery, Ian & Iacovides, Iacovos, 2012. "Improved indicators of water use performance and productivity for sustainable water conservation and saving," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 39-51.
- Alonso, A. & Feltz, N. & Gaspart, F. & Sbaa, M. & Vanclooster, M., 2019. "Comparative assessment of irrigation systems’ performance: Case study in the Triffa agricultural district, NE Morocco," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 212(C), pages 338-348.
- Karatas, Bekir S. & Akkuzu, Erhan & Unal, Halil B. & Asik, Serafettin & Avci, Musa, 2009. "Using satellite remote sensing to assess irrigation performance in Water User Associations in the Lower Gediz Basin, Turkey," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(6), pages 982-990, June.
- Scheierling, Susanne M. & Treguer, David O. & Booker, James F., 2015. "Water Productivity in Agriculture: Looking for Water in the Agricultural Productivity and Efficiency Literature," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205677, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zwart, Sander J. & Bastiaanssen, Wim G. M., 2004. "Review of measured crop water productivity values for irrigated wheat, rice, cotton and maize," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 115-133, September.
- Jinxia Wang & K. K. Klein & Henning Bjornlund & Lijuan Zhang & Wencui Zhang, 2015. "Changing to more efficient irrigation technologies in southern Alberta (Canada): an empirical analysis," Water International, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(7), pages 1040-1058, November.
- Brar, S.K. & Mahal, S.S. & Brar, A.S. & Vashist, K.K. & Sharma, Neerja & Buttar, G.S., 2012. "Transplanting time and seedling age affect water productivity, rice yield and quality in north-west India," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 217-222.
- Hellegers, Petra J. G. J. & Perry, C. J. & Petitguyot, T., 2007. "Water pricing in Tadla, Morocco," IWMI Books, Reports H040609, International Water Management Institute.
- Scheierling, Susanne M. & Treguer, David O. & Booker, James F. & Decker, Elisabeth, 2014. "How to assess agricultural water productivity ? looking for water in the agricultural productivity and efficiency literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6982, The World Bank.
- Arif A. Anwar & Zia Ul Haq, 2013. "An old-new measure of canal water inequity," Water International, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 536-551, September.
- Yan, Nana & Wu, Bingfang & Perry, Chris & Zeng, Hongwei, 2015. "Assessing potential water savings in agriculture on the Hai Basin plain, China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 11-19.
- Kiprop, Jonah Kipsaat, 2015. "An Evaluation Of Farmers Willingness To Pay For Irrigation Water In Kerio Valley Basin Kenya," Research Theses 265580, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Aditi Bhadra & Arnab Bandyopadhyay & Rajendra Singh & Narendra Raghuwanshi, 2010. "An Alternative Rotational Delivery Schedule for Improved Performance of Reservoir-based Canal Irrigation System," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 24(13), pages 3679-3700, October.
- Bouman, B. A.M., 2007. "A conceptual framework for the improvement of crop water productivity at different spatial scales," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-3), pages 43-60, March.
- Abdullaev, Iskandar & Kazbekov, Jusipbek & Yakubov, Murat & Turral, Hugh & Manthrithilake, Herath & Jumaboev, Kahramon, 2007.
"Institutional reforms at main canal level and their water allocation and yield impacts : A case from South Ferghana Canal, Uzbekistan,"
IWMI Research Reports
H040699, International Water Management Institute.
- Abdullaev, Iskandar & Kazbekov, Jusipbek & Yakubov, Murat & Turral, Hugh & Manthrithilake, Herath & Jumaboev, Kahramon, 2008. "Institutional reforms at main canal level and their water allocation and yield impacts : A case from South Ferghana Canal, Uzbekistan," IWMI Reports 273360, International Water Management Institute.
- Ghahroodi, E. Mokari & Noory, H. & Liaghat, A.M., 2015. "Performance evaluation study and hydrologic and productive analysis of irrigation systems at the Qazvin irrigation network (Iran)," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 189-195.
- de Fraiture, Charlotte & Perry, C. J., 2007. "Why is agricultural water demand unresponsive at low price ranges?," IWMI Books, Reports H040602, International Water Management Institute.
- Ge, Maosheng & Wu, Pute & Zhu, Delan & Zhang, Lin & Cai, Yaohui, 2020. "Optimized configuration of a hose reel traveling irrigator," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 240(C).
- Frija, Aymen & Chebil, Ali & Speelman, Stijn & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2008. "Effect of changes in the institutional structure of irrigation water property rights on the willingness to pay of farmers for water: case of Tunisia," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44422, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsActual evapotranspiration Equity Adequacy Reliability Water productivity Surface energy balance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:96:y:2009:i:4:p:551-564. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.