Crop modelling in data-poor environments – A knowledge-informed probabilistic approach to appreciate risks and uncertainties in flood-based farming systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Gallagher, 1987. "U.S. Soybean Yields: Estimation and Forecasting with Nonsymmetric Disturbances," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 69(4), pages 796-803.
- Erkossa, Teklu & Hagos, Fitsum & Lefore, Nicole, 2014.
"Proceedings of the Workshop on Flood-based Farming for Food Security and Adaption to Climate Change in Ethiopia: Potential and Challenges, Adama, Ethiopia, 30-31 October 2013,"
IWMI Conference Proceedings
208911, International Water Management Institute.
- Erkossa, Teklu & Hagos, Fitsum & Lefore, Nicole, 2014. "Proceedings of the Workshop on Flood-based Farming for Food Security and Adaption to Climate Change in Ethiopia: Potential and Challenges, Adama, Ethiopia, 30-31 October 2013," Conference Proceedings h046909, International Water Management Institute.
- Gallagher, Paul W., 1987. "U.S. Soybean Yields: Estimation and Forecasting with Non-Symmetric Disturbances," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10779, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Octavio A. Ramirez & Sukant Misra & James Field, 2003. "Crop-Yield Distributions Revisited," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 108-120.
- Erkossa, Teklu & Langan, Simon J. & Hagos, Fitsum, 2014. "Constraints to the development, operation and maintenance of spate irrigation schemes in Ethiopia," Conference Papers h046925, International Water Management Institute.
- Issoufou Liman Harou & Cory Whitney & James Kung’u & Eike Luedeling, 2020. "Mapping Flood-Based Farming Systems with Bayesian Networks," Land, MDPI, vol. 9(10), pages 1-29, October.
- Marie Laure Delignette-Muller & Christophe Dutang, 2015. "fitdistrplus : An R Package for Fitting Distributions," Post-Print hal-01616147, HAL.
- Scutari, Marco, 2010. "Learning Bayesian Networks with the bnlearn R Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 35(i03).
- Delignette-Muller, Marie Laure & Dutang, Christophe, 2015. "fitdistrplus: An R Package for Fitting Distributions," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 64(i04).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Motisi, Natacha & Bommel, Pierre & Leclerc, Grégoire & Robin, Marie-Hélène & Aubertot, Jean-Noël & Butron, Andrea Arias & Merle, Isabelle & Treminio, Edwin & Avelino, Jacques, 2022. "Improved forecasting of coffee leaf rust by qualitative modeling: Design and expert validation of the ExpeRoya model," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 197(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jesse B. Tack & David Ubilava, 2015.
"Climate and agricultural risk: measuring the effect of ENSO on U.S. crop insurance,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(2), pages 245-257, March.
- Tack, Jesse B. & Ubilava, David, 2013. "El Ni˜no Southern Oscillation Impacts on Crop Insurance," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151429, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jing Wang & Feng Fang & Qiang Zhang & Jinsong Wang & Yubi Yao & Wei Wang, 2016. "Risk evaluation of agricultural disaster impacts on food production in southern China by probability density method," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 83(3), pages 1605-1634, September.
- Ramirez, Octavio A. & Shonkwiler, J. Scott, 2017. "A Probabilistic Model of Crop Insurance Purchase Decision," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 42(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Christopher N. Boyer & B. Wade Brorsen & Emmanuel Tumusiime, 2015. "Modeling skewness with the linear stochastic plateau model to determine optimal nitrogen rates," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Ozaki, Vitor & Campos, Rogério, 2017. "Reduzindo a Incerteza no Mercado de Seguros: Uma Abordagem via Informações de Sensoriamento Remoto e Atuária," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil), vol. 71(4), December.
- Ramirez, Octavio & Shonkwiler, J. Scott, 2016. "Some Comparative Statics for Evaluating the Performance of the US Crop Insurance Program," SCC-76 Meeting, 2016, March 17-19, Pensacola, Florida 233761, SCC-76: Economics and Management of Risk in Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Yu, Tian, 2011. "Three essays on weather and crop yield," ISU General Staff Papers 201101010800002976, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Zywiec, William J. & Mazzuchi, Thomas A. & Sarkani, Shahram, 2021. "Analysis of process criticality accident risk using a metamodel-driven Bayesian network," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 207(C).
- Schulte, Benedikt & Sachs, Anna-Lena, 2020. "The price-setting newsvendor with Poisson demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 283(1), pages 125-137.
- Avanzi, Benjamin & Taylor, Greg & Wang, Melantha & Wong, Bernard, 2021. "SynthETIC: An individual insurance claim simulator with feature control," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 296-308.
- Jesse Tack & David Ubilava, 2013.
"The effect of El Niño Southern Oscillation on U.S. corn production and downside risk,"
Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 121(4), pages 689-700, December.
- Tack, Jesse B. & Ubilava, David, 2012. "The Effect of the El Nino Southern Oscillation on U.S. Corn Production and Downside Risk," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119785, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Arora, Gaurav & Agarwal, Sandip K., 2020.
"Agricultural input use and index insurance adoption: Concept and evidence,"
2020 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, Kansas City, Missouri
304508, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Arora, Gaurav & Agarwal, Sandip, 2021. "Agricultural Input Use and Index Insurance Adoption: Concept and Evidence," 2021 Conference, August 17-31, 2021, Virtual 315884, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- K. G. Reddy & M. G. M. Khan, 2020. "stratifyR: An R Package for optimal stratification and sample allocation for univariate populations," Australian & New Zealand Journal of Statistics, Australian Statistical Publishing Association Inc., vol. 62(3), pages 383-405, September.
- Chen, Shang & He, Liang & Cao, Yinxuan & Wang, Runhong & Wu, Lianhai & Wang, Zhao & Zou, Yufeng & Siddique, Kadambot H.M. & Xiong, Wei & Liu, Manshuang & Feng, Hao & Yu, Qiang & Wang, Xiaoming & He, J, 2021. "Comparisons among four different upscaling strategies for cultivar genetic parameters in rainfed spring wheat phenology simulations with the DSSAT-CERES-Wheat model," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 258(C).
- Riva-Palacio, Alan & Leisen, Fabrizio, 2021. "Compound vectors of subordinators and their associated positive Lévy copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 183(C).
- A Ford Ramsey, 2020. "Probability Distributions of Crop Yields: A Bayesian Spatial Quantile Regression Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 102(1), pages 220-239, January.
- Jesse Tack & Ardian Harri & Keith Coble, 2012.
"More than Mean Effects: Modeling the Effect of Climate on the Higher Order Moments of Crop Yields,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1037-1054.
- Tack, Jesse B. & Harri, Ardian & Coble, Keith H., 2012. "More than Mean Effects: Modeling the Effect of Climate on the Higher Order Moments of Crop Yields," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123330, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Minji Lee & Sun Ju Chung & Youngjo Lee & Sera Park & Jun-Gun Kwon & Dai Jin Kim & Donghwan Lee & Jung-Seok Choi, 2020. "Investigation of Correlated Internet and Smartphone Addiction in Adolescents: Copula Regression Analysis," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 17(16), pages 1-12, August.
- Veronesi, F. & Grassi, S. & Raubal, M., 2016. "Statistical learning approach for wind resource assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 836-850.
- Yong Liu & Alan P. Ker, 2021. "Simultaneous borrowing of information across space and time for pricing insurance contracts: An application to rating crop insurance policies," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 88(1), pages 231-257, March.
More about this item
KeywordsComplex systems; Crop model; Customized decision support tools; Limited information; Bayesian networks; Monte Carlo simulation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:187:y:2021:i:c:s0308521x20308751. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.