Agency effects and escalation of commitment: do small national culture differences matter?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- David J Sharp & Stephen B Salter, 1997. "Project Escalation and Sunk Costs: A test of the International Generalizability of Agency and Prospect Theories," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 28(1), pages 101-121, March.
- Harrison, Graeme L. & McKinnon, Jill L., 1999. "Cross-cultural research in management control systems design: a review of the current state," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-6), pages 483-506, July.
- Harrell, Adrian & Harrison, Paul, 1994. "An incentive to shirk, privately held information, and managers' project evaluation decisions," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 569-577, October.
- repec:bla:joares:v:27:y:1989:i:1:p:59-77 is not listed on IDEAS
- Merchant, Kenneth A. & Chow, Chee W. & Wu, Anne, 1995. "Measurement, evaluation and reward of profit center managers: A cross-cultural field study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(7-8), pages 619-638.
- Whyte, Glen, 1993. "Escalating Commitment in Individual and Group Decision Making: A Prospect Theory Approach," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 430-455, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Jizhong & Jiang, Fuming & Shen, Jie, 2016. "Institutional distance and the quality of the headquarters–subsidiary relationship: The moderating role of the institutionalization of headquarters’ practices in subsidiaries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 589-603.
- Vassili Joannides & Danture Wickramasinghe & Nicolas Berland, 2012. "Critiques On Gray-Hofstede'S Model: What Impact On Cross-Cultural Accounting Research?," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00690933, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9497 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haka, Susan F. & Heitger, Dan L., 2004. "International managerial accounting research: A contracting framework and opportunities," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 21-69.
- repec:eee:advacc:v:29:y:2013:i:1:p:161-169 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kitching, Karen & Mashruwala, Raj & Pevzner, Mikhail, 2016. "Culture and Cost Stickiness: A Cross-country Study," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 402-417.
- C. Chang & Sin-Hui Yen, 2007. "The Effects of Moral Development and Adverse Selection Conditions on Managersâ€™ Project Continuance Decisions: A Study in the Pacific-Rim Region," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 76(3), pages 347-360, December.
- Vassili Joannides & Danture Wickramasinghe & Nicolas Berland, 2012. "Critiques on gray-hofstede’s model: what impact on cross-cultural accounting research?," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01661667, HAL.
- Monir Zaman Mir & Bikram Chatterjee & Abu Shiraz Rahaman, 2009. "Culture and corporate voluntary reporting: A comparative exploration of the chairperson's report in India and New Zealand," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(7), pages 639-667, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:accoun:v:36:y:2001:i:1:p:33-45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620179 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.