Escalating Commitment in Individual and Group Decision Making: A Prospect Theory Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edwards, Kimberley D., 1996. "Prospect theory: A literature review," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 19-38.
- Anne Sibert, 2006. "Central Banking by Committee," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 145-168, August.
- Chi, T. & Nystrom, P. C., 1995. "Decision dilemmas facing managers: recognizing the value of learning while making sequential decisions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 303-312, June.
- Rau, Holger A., 2015. "The disposition effect in team investment decisions: Experimental evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 272-282.
- Daniel Friedman & Kai Pommerenke & Rajan Lukose & Garrett Milam & Bernardo Huberman, 2007.
"Searching for the sunk cost fallacy,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(1), pages 79-104, March.
- Daniel Friedman & Kai Pommerenke & Rajan Lukose & Garret Milam & Bernardo A. Huberman, 2004. "Searching for the Sunk Cost Fallacy," Experimental 0407007, EconWPA.
- Daniel Friedman & Kai Pommerenke & Rajan Lukose & Garret Milam & Bernardo A. Huberman, 2004. "Searching for the Sunk Cost Fallacy," Experimental 0407008, EconWPA.
- Salter, Stephen B. & Sharp, David J., 2001. "Agency effects and escalation of commitment: do small national culture differences matter?," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 33-45, February.
- John Gowdy, 2006.
"Evolutionary Theory and Economic Policy with Reference to Sustainability,"
Journal of Bioeconomics,
Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 1-19, April.
- John M. Gowdy, 2005. "Evolutionary Theory and Economic Policy with Reference to Sustainability," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0505, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Hoelzl, Erik & Loewenstein, George, 2005. "Wearing out your shoes to prevent someone else from stepping into them: Anticipated regret and social takeover in sequential decisions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 15-27, September.
- Gowdy, John M., 2008. "Behavioral economics and climate change policy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 632-644, December.
- repec:eee:advacc:v:29:y:2013:i:1:p:161-169 is not listed on IDEAS
- Woods, Jeremy A. & Dalziel, Thomas & Barton, Sidney L., 2012. "Escalation of commitment in private family businesses: The influence of outside board members," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 18-27.
- Wennberg, Karl & Delmar, Frédéric & McKelvie, Alexander, 2016.
"Variable risk preferences in new firm growth and survival,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 408-427.
- Wennberg, Karl & Delmar, Frédéric & McKelvie, Alexander, 2016. "Variable Risk Preferences in New Firm Growth and Survival," Ratio Working Papers 272, The Ratio Institute.
- Fietkau, Hans-Joachim & Trénel, Matthias, 1999. "Gewinnt soviel Ihr könnt! Entscheidungsverhalten in Intergruppenkonflikten - Eine experimentelle Untersuchung von Entrapment-Strategien," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Standard-setting and Environment FS II 99-301, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Philipp Maier, 2007. "Monetary Policy Committees in Action: Is There Room for Improvement?," Staff Working Papers 07-6, Bank of Canada.
- Whyte, Glen & Sebenius, James K., 1997. "The Effect of Multiple Anchors on Anchoring in Individual and Group Judgment," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 74-85, January.
- Moon, Henry & Conlon, Donald E. & Humphrey, Stephen E. & Quigley, Narda & Devers, Cynthia E. & Nowakowski, Jaclyn M., 2003. "Group decision process and incrementalism in organizational decision making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 67-79.
- Whyte, Glen, 1998. "Recasting Janis's Groupthink Model: The Key Role of Collective Efficacy in Decision Fiascoes," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 73(2-3), pages 185-209, February.
- Emich, Kyle J., 2014. "Who’s bringing the donuts: The role of affective patterns in group decision making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 122-132.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:54:y:1993:i:3:p:430-455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.