Land Degradation and Economic Development in Algeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lopez Ramon, 1994. "The Environment as a Factor of Production: The Effects of Economic Growth and Trade Liberalization," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 163-184, September.
- Eko Mahar Diputra & Jungho Baek, 2018. "Is Growth Good or Bad For the Environment in Indonesia?," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(1), pages 1-4.
- Karen Ehrhardt‐Martinez & Edward M. Crenshaw & J. Craig Jenkins, 2002. "Deforestation and the Environmental Kuznets Curve: A Cross‐National Investigation of Intervening Mechanisms," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 83(1), pages 226-243, March.
- Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1991. "Trade, knowledge spillovers, and growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 517-526, April.
- Robin Naidoo, 2004. "Economic Growth and Liquidation of Natural Capital: The Case of Forest Clearance," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(2), pages 194-208.
- Dinda, Soumyananda, 2004. "Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis: A Survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 431-455, August.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Smile Dube & Ilhan Ozturk & Abdul Jalil, 2015. "Testing the Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis in Portugal," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(2), pages 475-481.
- Edward B. Barbier, 2005. "Frontier Expansion and Economic Development," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(2), pages 286-303, April.
- Cropper, Maureen & Griffiths, Charles, 1994. "The Interaction of Population Growth and Environmental Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 250-254, May.
- Culas, Richard J., 2007. "Deforestation and the environmental Kuznets curve: An institutional perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 429-437, March.
- Abid Rashid Gill & Kuperan K. Viswanathan & Sallahuddin Hassan, 2017. "Is Environmental Kuznets Curve Still Relevant?," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 156-165.
- Angelsen, Arild & Kaimowitz, David, 1999. "Rethinking the Causes of Deforestation: Lessons from Economic Models," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 73-98, February.
- Bhattarai, Madhusudan & Hammig, Michael, 2001. "Institutions and the Environmental Kuznets Curve for Deforestation: A Crosscountry Analysis for Latin America, Africa and Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 995-1010, June.
- Koop, Gary & Tole, Lise, 1999. "Is there an environmental Kuznets curve for deforestation?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 231-244, February.
- Al-Mulali, Usama & Saboori, Behnaz & Ozturk, Ilhan, 2015. "Investigating the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis in Vietnam," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 123-131.
- Nguyen Van, Phu & Azomahou, Theophile, 2007.
"Nonlinearities and heterogeneity in environmental quality: An empirical analysis of deforestation,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 291-309, September.
- Ph. Nguyen Van & Th. Azomahou, 2005. "Nonlinearties and heterogeneity in environmental quality : an empirical analysis of deforestation," THEMA Working Papers 2005-13, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vasilii Erokhin & Tianming Gao & Anna Ivolga, 2020. "Structural Variations in the Composition of Land Funds at Regional Scales across Russia," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(6), pages 1-37, June.
More about this item
KeywordsLand degradation; Economic development; EKC; ARDL;
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ2:2019-01-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk). General contact details of provider: http://www.econjournals.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.