Impact of Oil Price Increases on U.S. Economic Growth:Causality Analysis and Study of the Weakening Effects in Relationship
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hooker, Mark A., 1996. "This is what happened to the oil price-macroeconomy relationship: Reply," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 221-222, October.
- Stephen P.A. Brown & Mine K. Yücel, 1999. "Oil prices and U.S. aggregate economic activity: a question of neutrality," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q II, pages 16-23.
- Prasad, Arti & Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Jashwini, 2007. "Exploring the oil price and real GDP nexus for a small island economy, the Fiji Islands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6506-6513, December.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Hamilton, James D, 1983. "Oil and the Macroeconomy since World War II," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 228-248, April.
- Hooker, Mark A., 1996. "What happened to the oil price-macroeconomy relationship?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 195-213, October.
- Lardic, Sandrine & Mignon, Valérie, 2008. "Oil prices and economic activity: An asymmetric cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 847-855, May.
- Hamilton, James D., 2003. "What is an oil shock?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 363-398, April.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Loungani, Prakash, 1986. "Oil Price Shocks and the Dispersion Hypothesis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 536-539, August.
- Robert B. Barsky & Lutz Kilian, 2004. "Oil and the Macroeconomy Since the 1970s," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 115-134, Fall.
- Kiseok Lee & Shawn Ni & Ronald A. Ratti, 1995. "Oil Shocks and the Macroeconomy: The Role of Price Variability," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 39-56.
- James L. Pierce & Jared J. Enzler, 1974. "The Effects of External Inflationary Shocks," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 5(1), pages 13-62.
- Brown, Stephen P. A. & Yucel, Mine K., 2002.
"Energy prices and aggregate economic activity: an interpretative survey,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 193-208.
- Brown, Stephen P. A. & Yücel, Mine K., 2001. "Energy prices and aggregate economic activity: an interpretive survey," Working Papers 0102, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Farhani, Sahbi & Chaibi, Anissa & Rault, Christophe, 2014. "CO2 emissions, output, energy consumption, and trade in Tunisia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 426-434.
- Farhani, Sahbi & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Arouri, Mohamed & Teulon, Frédéric, 2014.
"The role of natural gas consumption and trade in Tunisia's output,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 677-684.
- Farhani, Sahbi & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2013. "The Role of Natural Gas Consumption and Trade in Tunisia’s Output," MPRA Paper 48083, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Jun 2013.
- Mohamed Arouri & Sahbi Farhani & Muhammad Shahbaz & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "The Role of Natural Gas Consumption and Trade in Tunisia’s Output," Working Papers 2014-57, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Farhani, Sahbi & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Arouri, Mohammed, 2013. "The Role of Natural Gas Consumption and Trade in Tunisia’s Output," MPRA Paper 49260, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Aug 2013.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-582 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-057 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sahbi Farhani & Anissa Chaibi & Christophe Rault, 2014. "A study of CO2 emissions, output,energy consumption, and trade," Working Papers 2014-56, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Thomas M. Fullerton & Teodulo Soto, 2015. "Oil Shock Impacts on the Borderplex Regional Economy," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(1), pages 14-26.
- Dmitry Burakov, 2017. "Oil Prices, Economic Growth and Emigration: An Empirical Study of Transmission Channel," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 90-98.
- Sevda Yaprakli & Fatih Kaplan, 2015. "Re-examining of the Turkish Crude Oil Import Demand with Multi-structural Breaks Analysis in the Long Run Period," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(2), pages 402-407.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-056 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:201415 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsOil shocks; GDP growth rate; SLRM; DRM; VAR model; Breakpoints; Asymmetrical effects.;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ2:2012-03-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk). General contact details of provider: http://www.econjournals.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.