Assessment of interstate dynamics of virtual water trade flows in primary crops production: Empirical evidence from India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Webber & Britt Crow-Miller & Sarah Rogers, 2017. "The South–North Water Transfer Project: remaking the geography of China," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(3), pages 370-382, March.
- Nordhagen, Stella & Pascual, Unai, 2013. "The Impact of Climate Shocks on Seed Purchase Decisions in Malawi: Implications for Climate Change Adaptation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 238-251.
- Uris L. C. Baldos & Thomas W. Hertel & Frances C. Moore, 2019. "Understanding the Spatial Distribution of Welfare Impacts of Global Warming on Agriculture and its Drivers," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 101(5), pages 1455-1472, October.
- Taraz, Vis, 2018. "Can farmers adapt to higher temperatures? Evidence from India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 205-219.
- Uris L C Baldos & Thomas W Hertel & Frances C Moore, 2019. "Understanding the Spatial Distribution of Welfare Impacts of Global Warming on Agriculture and Its Drivers," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 101(5), pages 1455-1472.
- Ercin, A. Ertug & Mekonnen, Mesfin M. & Hoekstra, Arjen Y., 2013. "Sustainability of national consumption from a water resources perspective: The case study for France," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 133-147.
- Banerji, A. & Meenakshi, J.V. & Khanna, Gauri, 2012.
"Social contracts, markets and efficiency: Groundwater irrigation in North India,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 228-237.
- Abhijit Banerji & Gauri Khanna & J. V. Meenakshi, 2010. "Social Contracts, Markets And Efficiency -- Groundwater Irrigation In North India," Working papers 183, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Moran, Daniel & Bhaduri, Anik & Kanemoto, Keiichiro & Bekchanov, Maksud & Geschke, Arne & Foran, Barney, 2013. "International trade of scarce water," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 78-85.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1970. "Environmental Repercussions and the Economic Structure: An Input-Output Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 262-271, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Li, J.S. & Chen, G.Q. & Hayat, T. & Alsaedi, A., 2015. "Mercury emissions by Beijing׳s fossil energy consumption: Based on environmentally extended input–output analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1167-1175.
- Veeshan Rayamajhee & Wenmei Guo & Alok K. Bohara, 2021. "The Impact of Climate Change on Rice Production in Nepal," Economics of Disasters and Climate Change, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 111-134, April.
- Zhang, Chao & Anadon, Laura Diaz, 2014. "A multi-regional input–output analysis of domestic virtual water trade and provincial water footprint in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 159-172.
- Arjen Y. Hoekstra, 2017. "Water Footprint Assessment: Evolvement of a New Research Field," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 31(10), pages 3061-3081, August.
- Kan, Siyi & Chen, Bin & Chen, Guoqian, 2019. "Worldwide energy use across global supply chains: Decoupled from economic growth?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 250(C), pages 1235-1245.
- Xueting Zhao, 2014. "China's Inter-regional Trade of Virtual Water: a Multi-regional Input-output Modeling," Working Papers Working Paper 2014-04, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Gouel, Christophe & Laborde, David, 2021.
"The crucial role of domestic and international market-mediated adaptation to climate change,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 106(C).
- Gouel, Christophe & LaBorde, David, 2017. "The Crucial Role of International Trade in Adaptation to Climate Change," 2017: Globalization Adrift, December 3-5, 2017, Washington, D.C. 266841, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Christophe Gouel & David Laborde, 2021. "The crucial role of domestic and international market-mediated adaptation to climate change [Le rôle crucial des adaptations au changement climatique domestiques et internationales médiées par le m," Post-Print hal-03116428, HAL.
- Kan, S.Y. & Chen, B. & Wu, X.F. & Chen, Z.M. & Chen, G.Q., 2019. "Natural gas overview for world economy: From primary supply to final demand via global supply chains," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 215-225.
- Han, M.Y. & Chen, G.Q. & Mustafa, M.T. & Hayat, T. & Shao, Ling & Li, J.S. & Xia, X.H. & Ji, Xi, 2015. "Embodied water for urban economy: A three-scale input–output analysis for Beijing 2010," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 318(C), pages 19-25.
- Liu, Yating & Chen, Bin, 2020. "Water-energy scarcity nexus risk in the national trade system based on multiregional input-output and network environ analyses," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 268(C).
- Xueting Zhao & Randall W. Jackson, 2016. "China’s Inter-Regional Trade of Virtual Water — A Multi-Regional Input–Output Table Based Analysis," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(02), pages 1-28, June.
- Duan, Cuncun & Chen, Bin, 2020. "Driving factors of water-energy nexus in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 257(C).
- Meng, Jing & Zhang, Zengkai & Mi, Zhifu & Anadon, Laura Diaz & Zheng, Heran & Zhang, Bo & Shan, Yuli & Guan, Dabo, 2018. "The role of intermediate trade in the change of carbon flows within China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 303-312.
- Guangyao Deng & Liujuan Wang & Yanan Song, 2015. "Effect of Variation of Water-Use Efficiency on Structure of Virtual Water Trade - Analysis Based on Input–Output Model," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 29(8), pages 2947-2965, June.
- Kharrazi, Ali & Sato, Masahiro & Yarime, Masaru & Nakayama, Hirofumi & Yu, Yadong & Kraines, Steven, 2015. "Examining the resilience of national energy systems: Measurements of diversity in production-based and consumption-based electricity in the globalization of trade networks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 455-464.
- Court, Christa D., 2012. "Enhancing U.S. hazardous waste accounting through economic modeling," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 79-89.
- Chang, Yuan & Ries, Robert J. & Wang, Yaowu, 2013. "Life-cycle energy of residential buildings in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 656-664.
- Arunima Malik & Jun Lan, 2016. "The role of outsourcing in driving global carbon emissions," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 168-182, June.
- Arik Levinson, 2009.
"Technology, International Trade, and Pollution from US Manufacturing,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 2177-2192, December.
- Levinson, Arik, 2007. "Technology, International Trade, and Pollution from U.S. Manufacturing," Discussion Papers dp-07-40, Resources For the Future.
- Arik Levinson, 2007. "Technology, International Trade, and Pollution from U.S. Manufacturing," Working Papers gueconwpa~07-07-05, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Arik Levinson, 2007. "Technology, International Trade, and Pollution from U.S. Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 13616, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arik Levinson, 2008. "Technology, International Trade, and Pollution from U.S. Manufacturing," NCEE Working Paper Series 200802, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Feb 2008.
- Daniel Moran & Richard Wood, 2014. "Convergence Between The Eora, Wiod, Exiobase, And Openeu'S Consumption-Based Carbon Accounts," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 245-261, September.
More about this item
KeywordsVirtual water trade; Water footprint; Water consumption; Agriculture and Environment; Water efficiency; Input-Output analysis;
All these keywords.
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-21-00276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: John P. Conley (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.