Should Easier Access to Credit Replace Foreign Aid? A Trade-theoretic Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen D. Williamson, 1987.
"Costly Monitoring, Loan Contracts, and Equilibrium Credit Rationing,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 102(1), pages 135-145.
- Stephen D. Williamson, 1984. "Costly Monitoring, Loan Contracts and Equilibrium Credit Rationing," Working Papers 572, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Raimondos-Moller, Pascalis, 1997.
"Competition for aid and trade policy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3-4), pages 369-385, November.
- Sajal Lahiri & Pascalis Raimondos, "undated". "Competition for Aid and Trade Policy," EPRU Working Paper Series 94-12, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Raimondos-Moller, Paschalis, 1994. "Competition for Aid and Trade Policy," Economics Discussion Papers 10030, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Saqib Jafarey & Sajal Lahiri, 2009.
"Developing Country Borrowing From A Monopolistic Lender: Strategic Interactions And Endogenous Leadership,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 191-207.
- Jafarey, S. & Lahiri, S., 2005. "Developing Country Borrowing from a Monopolistic Lender: Strategic Interaction and Endogenous Leadership," Working Papers 05/06, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Bandyopadhyay, Subhayu & Lahiri, Sajal & Younas, Javed, 2013.
"On the substitutability between foreign aid and international credit,"
Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 255-257.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Sajal Lahiri & Javed Younas, 2012. "On the substitutability between foreign aid and international credit," Working Papers 2012-043, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bernhard Paasche & Stanley E. Zin, 2001. "Competition and Intervention in Sovereign Debt Markets," NBER Working Papers 8679, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign aid; borrowing constraint; welfare; fungibility; public input.;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-13-00310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.