Should Easier Access to Credit Replace Foreign Aid? A Trade-theoretic Analysis
We develop a two-period trade-theoretic model for a recipient country with credit constraints and develop a necessary and sufficient condition for replacing foreign aid by credit to be welfare improving.
Volume (Year): 33 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saqib Jafarey & Sajal Lahiri, 2009. "Developing Country Borrowing From A Monopolistic Lender: Strategic Interactions And Endogenous Leadership," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 191-207.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Sajal Lahiri & Javed Younas, 2012.
"On the substitutability between foreign aid and international credit,"
2012-043, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bandyopadhyay, Subhayu & Lahiri, Sajal & Younas, Javed, 2013. "On the substitutability between foreign aid and international credit," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 255-257.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Raimondos-Moller, Pascalis, 1997.
"Competition for aid and trade policy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3-4), pages 369-385, November.
- Sajal Lahiri & Pascalis Raimondos, . "Competition for Aid and Trade Policy," EPRU Working Paper Series 94-12, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Sajal Lahiri and Pascalis Raimondos, . "Competition for Aid and Trade Policy," Economics Discussion Papers 433, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Williamson, Stephen D, 1987.
"Costly Monitoring, Loan Contracts, and Equilibrium Credit Rationing,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 102(1), pages 135-45, February.
- Stephen D. Williamson, 1984. "Costly Monitoring, Loan Contracts and Equilibrium Credit Rationing," Working Papers 572, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Bernhard Paasche & Stanley E. Zin, 2001. "Competition and Intervention in Sovereign Debt Markets," NBER Working Papers 8679, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-13-00310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.