The determinants of credit rationing of SMEs in France: A disequilibrium model upon a balanced panel
[Les déterminants du rationnement du crédit des PME en France : un modèle de déséquilibre sur un panel cylindré (2002-2010)]
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sealey, C W, Jr, 1979. "Credit Rationing in the Commercial Loan Market: Estimates of a Structural Model under Conditions of Disequilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(3), pages 689-702, June.
- Jérôme Bourdieu & Béatrice Colin-Sédillot, 1993. "Structure du capital et coûts d'information : le cas des entreprises françaises à la fin des années quatre-vingt," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 268(1), pages 87-100.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Perez, Stephen J., 1998. "Testing for Credit Rationing: An Application of Disequilibrium Econometrics," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 721-739, October.
- Psillaki, Maria & Tsolas, Ioannis E. & Margaritis, Dimitris, 2010. "Evaluation of credit risk based on firm performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(3), pages 873-881, March.
- N. Berger, Allen & F. Udell, Gregory, 1998.
"The economics of small business finance: The roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 613-673, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1998. "The economics of small business finance: the roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-15, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Maddala, G S & Nelson, Forrest D, 1974. "Maximum Likelihood Methods for Models of Markets in Disequilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 1013-1030, November.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Taylor, William E, 1981.
"Panel Data and Unobservable Individual Effects,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1377-1398, November.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Berger, Allen N. & Udell, Gregory F., 2006. "A more complete conceptual framework for SME finance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2945-2966, November.
- Besanko, David & Thakor, Anjan V, 1987. "Collateral and Rationing: Sorting Equilibria in Monopolistic and Competitive Credit Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(3), pages 671-689, October.
- Bester, Helmut, 1987. "The role of collateral in credit markets with imperfect information," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 887-899, June.
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Gersovitz, Mark, 1980. "Classification probabilities for the disequilibrium model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 239-246, October.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli, 2006. "Small and medium-size enterprises: Access to finance as a growth constraint," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2931-2943, November.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Titman, Sheridan & Wessels, Roberto, 1988. " The Determinants of Capital Structure Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Korting, Timm, 1998. "Lending relationships in Germany - Empirical evidence from survey data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(10-11), pages 1317-1353, October.
- José López-Gracia & Francisco Sogorb-Mira, 2008. "Testing trade-off and pecking order theories financing SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 117-136, August.
- Atanasova, Christina V. & Wilson, Nicholas, 2004. "Disequilibrium in the UK corporate loan market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 595-614, March.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Voordeckers, Wim & Steijvers, Tensie, 2006. "Business collateral and personal commitments in SME lending," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 3067-3086, November.
- Michel Dietsch, 1998. "Atouts et handicaps du Crédit Client face au Crédit Bancaire," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 46(2), pages 175-193.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. "The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
- Chan, Yuk-Shee & Kanatas, George, 1985. "Asymmetric Valuations and the Role of Collateral in Loan Agreements," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(1), pages 84-95, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Philippe Adair & Mohamed Adaskou, 2020. "Credit Rationing and Mature French SMEs: A Disequilibrium Model," World Journal of Applied Economics, WERI-World Economic Research Institute, vol. 6(1), pages 55-72, June.
- Philippe Adair & Mohamed Adaskou, 2019. "Credit rationing and French mature SMEs: A disequilibrium model (2002-2010)," Erudite Working Paper 2019-02, Erudite.
- Mariarosaria Agostino & Francesco Trivieri, 2017. "Collateral in lending relationships. A study on European SMEs microdata," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 339-356, May.
- Philippe Adair, 2014. "Théorie du compromis versus Théorie du financement hiérarchique : une analyse sur un panel de PME non cotées," Post-Print hal-01667235, HAL.
- Philippe Adair & Mohamed Adaskou, 2017. "The capital structure of French SMEs and impact of the financial crisis: A dynamic panel data analysis (2002-2010)," Working Papers hal-01667313, HAL.
- ElBannan, Mona A., 2017. "Stock market liquidity, family ownership, and capital structure choices in an emerging country," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 201-231.
- Philippe Adair & Mohamed Adaskou & David McMillan, 2015.
"Trade-off-theory vs. pecking order theory and the determinants of corporate leverage: Evidence from a panel data analysis upon French SMEs (2002–2010),"
Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1006477-100, December.
- Philippe Adair & Mohamed Adaskou, 2015. "Trade-Off-Theory vs. Pecking Order Theory and the determinants of corporate leverage: evidence from a panel data analysis upon French SMEs (2002-2010)," Post-Print hal-01667265, HAL.
- Annie bellier & Wafa Sayeh & Stéphanie Serve, 2012. "What lies behind credit rationing? A survey of the literature," THEMA Working Papers 2012-39, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Philippe Adair & Fredj Fhima, 2014. "Small and Medium-sized Enterprises' Credit Rationing on the Tunisian Bank Credit Market," Post-Print hal-01667356, HAL.
- Martinez Cillero, Maria & Lawless, Martina & O'Toole, Conor, 2019. "The determinants of SME capital structure across the lifecycle," Papers WP614, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Chala, Alemu Tulu & Forssbaeck, Jens, 2018. "Does Collateral Reduce Loan-Size Credit Rationing? Survey Evidence," Working Papers 2018:36, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Curtiss, Jarmila, 2012. "Determinants of Financial Capital Use: Review of theories and implications for rural businesses," Working papers 122846, Factor Markets, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Curtiss, Jarmila, 2012. "Determinants of Financial Capital Use: Review of theories and implications for rural businesses," Factor Markets Working Papers 123, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Ginés Hernández-Cánovas & Pedro Martínez-Solano, 2007. "Effect of the Number of Banking Relationships on Credit Availability: Evidence from Panel Data of Spanish Small Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 37-53, January.
- Michael Pfaffermayr & Matthias Stöckl & Hannes Winner, 2013.
"Capital Structure, Corporate Taxation and Firm Age,"
Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 34(1), pages 109-135, March.
- Michael Pfaffermayr & Matthias St?ckl & Hannes Winner, "undated". "Capital Structure, Corporate Taxation and Firm Age," Working Papers 2008-09, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Michael Pfaffermayr & Matthias Stöckl & Hannes Winner, 2008. "Capital Structure, Corporate Taxation and Firm Age," Working Papers 0829, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Michael Pfaffermayr & Matthias Stöckl & Hannes Winner, 2012. "Capital Structure, Corporate Taxation and Firm Age," WIFO Working Papers 424, WIFO.
- Pfaffermayr, Michael & Stoeckl, Matthias & Winner, Hannes, 2009. "Capital structure, corporate taxation and firm age," Working Papers in Economics 2009-4, University of Salzburg.
- Yaldız Hanedar, Elmas & Broccardo, Eleonora & Bazzana, Flavio, 2014.
"Collateral requirements of SMEs: The evidence from less-developed countries,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 106-121.
- Elmas Yaldiz Hanedar & Eleonora Broccardo & Flavio Bazzana, 2012. "Collateral Requirements of SMEs:The Evidence from Less–Developed Countries," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 12111, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Satish Kumar & Riya Sureka & Sisira Colombage, 2020. "Capital structure of SMEs: a systematic literature review and bibliometric analysis," Management Review Quarterly, Springer, vol. 70(4), pages 535-565, November.
- Nadja Dwenger & Frank M Fossen & Martin Simmler, 2015. "From financial to real economic crisis: evidence from individual firm¨Cbank relationships in Germany," Working Papers 1516, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Bernini, Michele & Montagnoli, Alberto, 2017.
"Competition and financial constraints: A two-sided story,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 88-109.
- Michele Bernini & Alberto Montagnoli, 2015. "Competition and financial constraints: a two-sided story," Working Papers 2015018, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey K. MacKie-Mason, 1990. "Do Firms Care Who Provides Their Financing?," NBER Chapters, in: Asymmetric Information, Corporate Finance, and Investment, pages 63-104, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsbalanced panel; credit rationing; disequilibrium model; SMEs; France;
All these keywords.
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENT-2018-01-29 (Entrepreneurship)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-01667299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: CCSD (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.