Going parochial in the assessment of the Brazilian economics research output
I evaluate the just launched official criterion for assessing the economics research output in Brazil, called “Qualis”. I compare it with the simple journal impact factors released by RePEc. Four biases are identified: (1) left-wing journals have been favored, (2) mainstream British journals have been downgraded, (3) cross disciplinary research output has been neglected, and (4) domestic journals have been favored.
Volume (Year): 29 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno S. Frey, 2009.
"Economists in the PITS?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2594, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bruno S. Frey, 2009. "Economists in the PITS?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-05, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey, 2009. "Economists in the PITS?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-29, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey, 2009. "Economists in the PITS?," IEW - Working Papers 406, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Kodrzycki Yolanda K. & Yu Pingkang, 2006. "New Approaches to Ranking Economics Journals," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-44, August.
- Yolanda K. Kodrzycki & Pingkang David Yu, 2005. "New approaches to ranking economics journals," Working Papers 05-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-09-00682. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.