Alliances and entry in a simple airline network
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Park, Jong-Hun & Park, Namgyoo K. & Zhang, Anming, 2003. "The impact of international alliances on rival firm value: a study of the British Airways/USAir Alliance," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Park, Jong-Hun & Zhang, Anming & Zhang, Yimin, 2001. "Analytical models of international alliances in the airline industry," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 865-886, November.
- BERECHMAN, Joseph & PODDAR, Sougata & SHY, Oz, 1994.
"Network Structure and Entry in the Deregulated Airline Industry,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1994064, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Joseph Berechman & Sougata Poddar & Oz Shy, 1997. "Network Structure and Entry, in the Deregulated Airline Industry," CIE Discussion Papers 1997-10, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Brueckner, Jan K & Whalen, W Tom, 2000. "The Price Effects of International Airline Alliances," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 503-545, October.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Lin, Ming Hsin, 2004. "Strategic airline alliances and endogenous Stackelberg equilibria," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 357-384, September.
- Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 1997. "Substitution and complementarity in aviation: airports vs airlines," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 275-286, December.
- Tae Hoon Oum & Anming Zhang & Yimin Zhang, 1995. "Airline Network Rivalry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4a), pages 836-857, November.
- Billette de Villemeur, Etienne, 2004. "Regulation in the air: price-and-frequency caps," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 465-476, November.
- Encaoua, David & Moreaux, Michel & Perrot, Anne, 1996.
"Compatibility and competition in airlines demand side network effects,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 701-726, October.
- Encacoua, D. & Moreaux, M. & Perrot, A., 1995. "Compatibility and Competition in Airlines: Demand Side Network Effect," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 95.21, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Dixit, Avinash, 1980.
"The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(357), pages 95-106, March.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1979. "The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 140, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2001. "The economics of international codesharing: an analysis of airline alliances," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1475-1498, December.
- Ken Hendricks & Michele Piccione & Guofu Tan, 1997. "Entry and Exit in Hub-Spoke Networks," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(2), pages 291-303, Summer.
- Youssef, Waleed & Hansen, Mark, 1994. "Consequences of strategic alliances between international airlines: The case of Swissair and SAS," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 415-431, September.
- Park, Jong-Hun, 1997. "The effects of airline alliances on markets and economic welfare," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 181-195, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philippe Barla & Christos Constantatos, 2006.
"On The Choice between Strategic Alliance and Merger in the Airline Sector: The Role of Strategic Effects,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 40(3), pages 409-424, September.
- Barla, Philippe & Constantatos, Christos, 2005. "On the Choice between Strategic Alliance and Merger in the Airline Sector: the Role of Strategic Effects," Cahiers de recherche 0502, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Barla, Philippe & Constantatos, Christos, 2005. "On the Choice between Strategic Alliance and Merger in the Airline Sector: the Role of Strategic Effects," Cahiers de recherche 0502, GREEN.
- Hattori Keisuke & Lin Ming-Hsin, 2011.
"Alliance Partner Choice in Markets with Vertical and Horizontal Externalities,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-27, June.
- Hattori, Keisuke & Lin, Ming Hsin, 2010. "Alliance Partner Choice in Markets with Vertical and Horizontal Externalities," MPRA Paper 25732, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keisuke Hattori & Lin Ming Hsin, 2014. "Complementary Alliances in Composite Good Markets with Network Structure," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 82(1), pages 33-51, January.
- Cristina Barbot, 2006. "Entry and Accommodation in Airline Markets: Easyjet Caught in the Middle on the London-Grenoble Route," CEF.UP Working Papers 0602, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Gayle, Philip & Xie, Xin, 2017. "Entry Deterrence and Strategic Alliances," MPRA Paper 83233, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Akio Kawasaki & Ming Hsin Lin, 2013. "Airline Schedule Competition and the Entry Route Choices of Low-Cost Carriers," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 97-114, June.
- Jorge Valido & M. Pilar Socorro & Francesca Medda, 2013. "DYPES: Vertical differentiation, schedule delay and entry deterrence: Low cost vs. full service airlines," Working Papers 2013-05, FEDEA.
More about this item
- L9 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-04l90001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.