A note on Research and Development and Voluntary Export Restrictions"
This note qualifies the statement made in Bouët (2001), European Economic Review 45, 323-336, by showing that within the model proposed by the author the effect of a VER on research and development does depend on the mode of competition
Volume (Year): 6 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716.
- Dan Kovenock & Raymond J. Deneckere, 1996. "Bertrand-Edgeworth duopoly with unit cost asymmetry (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(1), pages 1-25.
- Levitan, Richard & Shubik, Martin, 1972.
"Price Duopoly and Capacity Constraints,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(1), pages 111-22, February.
- Bouet, Antoine, 2001. "Research and development, voluntary export restriction and tariffs," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 323-336, February.
- Kala Krishna, 1985.
"Trade Restrictions as Facilitating Practices,"
NBER Working Papers
1546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boccard, N. & Wauthy, Xavier, 1997.
"Export Restraints and Horizontal Product Differentiation,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1997024, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Sep 1997.
- BOCCARD, Nicolas & WAUTHY, Xavier, 1997. "Export restraints and horizontal product differentiation," CORE Discussion Papers 1997082, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-01f10002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.