Tourism in Central Europe: A comparison of the Regions of Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Slovenia with Other European Countries in Year 2000
This article analyses the evolution of foreign tourism in Central Europe during the period 1991-2002, in comparison with other EU countries, and the distribution of foreign and domestic tourism at regional level in Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Slovenia, as well as in the Baltic countries and in two East European countries: Bulgaria and Romania . After an upwards trend for 1991-96, the real value of receipts per inhabitant from foreign tourism in Central Europe have decreased during the period 1996-2002, but there are perspectives for further increases in the next years. Towards a regional development policy in these countries the positive effects of foreign and domestic tourism should be had into account, together with other relevant factors, in order to increase employment and reach real convergence with the EU average.
Volume (Year): 5 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Gros & Marc Suhrcke, 2000.
"Ten Years After: What is Special about Transition Countries?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
327, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gros, Daniel & Suhrcke, Marc, 2000. "Ten years after : what is special about transition countries?," HWWA Discussion Papers 86, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Daniel Gros & Marc Suhrcke, 2000. "Ten years after: what is special about transition countries?," Working Papers 56, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Office of the Chief Economist.
- Roberto Basile & Sergio de Nardis & Alessandro Girardi, 2001. "Regional inequalities and cohesion policies in the european union," ISAE Working Papers 23, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Mihkel Laan, 2003. "Industrial restructuring in transitional Baltic Sea Region countries (Baltic States, Kaliningrad oblast)," ERSA conference papers ersa03p505, European Regional Science Association.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:eerese:v:5:y2005:i:5_8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.