Education, Industry, Trade and Development of African Countries in 1980-99
The paper presents a general view of the educational level of population and its relation to economic development in African countries. We present a comparative view of production by sector and by inhabitant, external trade, years of schooling and fertility rates, by country and by large areas, and we analyse the causes of poverty and economic stagnation of many countries. The conclusions point to the low value of average years of school as the main cause of economic problems in these countries, and to the need of fostering international co-operation in order to increase the educational level and effectively counteract poverty and guarantee a sustained economic development.
Volume (Year): 2 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cancelo, M.Teresa & Guisan, M.Carmen & Frias, Isidro, 2001. "Supply and Demand on Manufacturing Output in OECD countries: econometric models and specification test," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(2), pages 7-42.
- Aguayo, Eva & Exposito, Pilar & Lamelas, Nelida, 2001. "Econometric model of Services Sector Development and Impact of Tourism in Latin American Countries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(2).
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva & Exposito, Pilar, 2002. "Relaciones intersectoriales en Latinoamerica en el periodo 1980-99: un analisis econometrico," Estudios Economicos de Desarrollo Internacional, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(1), pages 7-26.
- José Luis Cordeiro, 2009. "El Desafío Latinoamericano," Observatorio de la Economía Latinoamericana, Grupo Eumed.net (Universidad de Málaga), issue 113, april.
- Neira, Isabel & Guisan, M.Carmen, 2002. "Modelos econometricos de capital humano y crecimiento economico: Efecto Inversion y otros efectos indirectos," Economic Development 62, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:aeinde:v:2:y:2002:i:2_5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.