The relationship between CO2 and sulphur emissions with income: an alternative explanation to the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis
This analysis studies the role of those factors that are exogenous to the environmental Kuznets curve (EKC) model in causing a weakening in the correlation between GDP per capita and emissions (CO2 and sulphur). The aim is to advance within the EKC research by scrutinizing both the historical experience of individual countries and the common features shared by those countries which have managed to reduce emissions (CO2 and sulphur) whilst at the same time increasing GDP income levels. For this purpose, a graphic analysis is carried out.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William T. Harbaugh & Arik Levinson & David Molloy Wilson, 2002.
"Reexamining The Empirical Evidence For An Environmental Kuznets Curve,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 541-551, August.
- William Harbaugh & Arik Levinson & David Wilson, 2000. "Reexamining the Empirical Evidence for an Environmental Kuznets Curve," Working Papers gueconwpa~00-00-07, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- William Harbaugh & Arik Levinson & David Wilson, 2000. "Reexamining the Empirical Evidence for an Environmental Kuznets Curve," NBER Working Papers 7711, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stern, David I. & Common, Michael S., 2001. "Is There an Environmental Kuznets Curve for Sulfur?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 162-178, March.
- David I. Stern & Tony Auld & Michael S. Common & Kali K. Sanyal, 1998. "Is there an environmental Kuznets curve for sulfur?," Working Papers in Ecological Economics 9804, Australian National University, Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies, Ecological Economics Program.
- Stern, David I. & Common, Michael S. & Barbier, Edward B., 1996. "Economic growth and environmental degradation: The environmental Kuznets curve and sustainable development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1151-1160, July.
- Barbier, Edward B., 1997. "Introduction to the environmental Kuznets curve special issue," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 357-367, November.
- Barbier, Edward B., 1997. "Introduction to the environmental Kuznets curve special issue," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 369-381, November.
- Diaz-Vazquez, M. Rosario & Cancelo, M. Teresa, 2008. "Relación entre el PIB per capita y las emisiones de CO2 y azufre: análisis gráfico para el período 1950-99," Economic Development 99, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- DIAZ-VAZQUEZ, M. Rosario, 2009. "The Dissociation Between Emissions And Economic Growth: The Role Of Shocks Exogenous To The Environmental Kuznets Curve Model," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(2).
- David I. Stern, 2001. "Global sulfur emissions in the 1990s," Working Papers in Ecological Economics 0103, Australian National University, Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies, Ecological Economics Program.
- David I. Stern, 2003. "Global Sulfur Emissions in the 1990s," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0311, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Benoit Laplante & Hua Wang & David Wheeler, 2002. "Confronting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 147-168, Winter. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:aeinde:v:10:y:2010:i:1_2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.