The Influence of the Economic Growth Process on Romanian Employment
The aim of this paper is to analyse the influence of the economic growth process on the Romanian employment, in the 1990-2010 period. The results of this study highlight, on the one hand, the existence of a negative employment intensity in Romania (expressed by the employment elasticity of economic growth). This fact invalidates the economic theory, which states that there is a direct relationship between employment and economic growth, but of different intensity from one period to another and from one country to another. On the other hand, these results also underline the profound changes that have happened in terms of employment intensity over the last two decades, as well as the factors that have determined these changes.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: No. 59-61, Nicolae Balcescu Street, Postal Code 800008, Galati|
Phone: (0040) 336.130.242
Fax: (0040) 336.130.242
Web page: http://www.feaa.ugal.ro
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Emilia Herman, 2011. "Implications Of Aggregate Demand On Employment: Evidence From The Romanian Economy," Revista Tinerilor Economisti (The Young Economists Journal), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(16), pages 132-143, April.
- Flaig Gebhard & Rottmann Horst, 2009.
"Labour Market Institutions and the Employment Intensity of Output Growth,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 229(1), pages 22-35, February.
- Flaig, Gebhard & Rottmann, Horst, 2009. "Labour Market Institutions and the Employment Intensity of Output Growth," Munich Reprints in Economics 20370, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Emilia HERMAN, 2011. "The Impact Of The Industrial Sector On Romanian Employment," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 1(6), pages 1-21, October.
- Gebhard Flaig & Horst Rottmann, 2007. "Labour Market Institutions and the Employment Intensity of Output Growth. An International Comparison," CESifo Working Paper Series 2175, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marco Vivarelli, 2002. "Book review," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 581-584. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ddj:fseeai:y:2012:i:1:p:5-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gianina Mihai)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.