Risky Assumptions: A closer Look at the Bearing of Investment Risk in Defined-Benefit Pension Plans
There is reason to question whether employers bear all – and employees none – of the investment risk in defined-benefit pension plans. So are they just defined-contribution plans in disguise?
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 266 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (416) 865-1904
Fax: (416) 865-1866
Web page: http://www.cdhowe.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jack Selody, 2007. "Vulnerabilities in Defined-Benefit Pension Plans," Discussion Papers 07-3, Bank of Canada.
- William B.P. Robson & Finn Poschmann & Robin Banerjee & Colin Busby & Benjamin Dachis, 2008. "Steering Through Turbulence: The Shadow Federal Budget for 2008," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 111, February.
- Colin Busby & William Robson, 2013. "Canada's 2012 Fiscal Accountability Rankings," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 373, February.
- Morley Gunderson & James Pesando & Douglas Hyatt, 1992. "Wage-pension trade-offs in collective agreements," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 46(1), pages 146-160, October.
- Morley Gunderson & Douglas Hyatt & James E. Pesando, 1992. "Wage-Pension Trade-offs in Collective Agreements," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 46(1), pages 146-160, October.
- James E. Pesando & Morley Gunderson, 1988. "Retirement Incentives Contained in Occupational Pension Plans and Their Implications for the Mandatory Retirement Debate," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(2), pages 244-64, May.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-84, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdh:commen:266. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristine Gray)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.