Finding Silver Linings in the Storm: An Evaluation of Recent Canada-US Crossborder Developments
Recently, a storm of activity has swirled around rules governing the tax treatment of Canada–US crossborder investment. The high degree of integration of the Canadian and US economies means that the effects of such tax changes can be significant. In a number of areas, however, undue restrictions on, or distortions of, crossborder investment remain, which could harm Canada’s economic interests.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 272 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (416) 865-1904
Fax: (416) 865-1866
Web page: http://www.cdhowe.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frank Milne, 2008. "Anatomy of the Credit Crisis: The role of Faulty Risk Management Systems," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 269, July.
- Ross Finnie & Ian Irvine, 2008. "The Welfare Enigma: Explaining the Dramatic Decline in Canadians' Use of Social Assistance, 1993-2005," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 267, June.
- Mark Kamstra & Rpbert J. Shiller, 2008. "The Case for Trills: Giving Canadians and their Pension Funds a Stake in the Wealth of the Nation," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 271, August.
- Peter W. Hogg, 2008. "A Question of Parliamentary power: Criminal Law and the Control of Greenhouse Gas Emissions," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 114, August.
- Doug Auld, 2008. "The Ethanol Trap: Why Policies to Promote Ethanol as Fuel Need Rethinking," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 268, July.
- Ben Tomlin, 2008. "Clearing Hurdles: Key Reforms to Make Small Business More Successful," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 264, May.
- Leslie Shiell & Colin Busby, 2008. "Greater Saving Required: Ahow Alberta Can Achieve Fiscal Sustainability from its Resource Revenues," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 263, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdh:commen:272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristine Gray)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.