Bringing It Home: A Study of the Incentives Surrounding the Repatriation of Foreign Earnings Under the American Jobs Creation Act of 2004
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Douglas Shackelford & Joel Slemrod & James Sallee, 2011. "Financial reporting, tax, and real decisions: toward a unifying framework," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 18(4), pages 461-494, August.
- Hanlon, Michelle & Lester, Rebecca & Verdi, Rodrigo, 2015. "The effect of repatriation tax costs on U.S. multinational investment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 179-196.
- Koethenbuerger, Marko & Stimmelmayr, Michael, 2016.
"Taxing multinationals in the presence of internal capital markets,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 58-71.
- Marko Köthenbürger & Michael Stimmelmayr, 2013. "Taxing Multinationals in the Presence of Internal Capital Markets," EPRU Working Paper Series 2013-02, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Marko Koethenbuerger & Michael Stimmelmayr, 2014. "Taxing multinationals in the presence of internal capital markets," Working Papers 1408, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Marko Köthenbürger & Michael Stimmelmayr, 2013. "Taxing Multinationals in the Presence of Internal Capital Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 4353, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jaafar, Aziz & Thornton, John, 2015.
"Tax Havens and Effective Tax Rates: An Analysis of Private versus Public European Firms,"
The International Journal of Accounting,
Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 435-457.
- Aziz Jaafar & John Thorton, 2015. "Tax Havens and Effective Tax Rates: An Analysis of Private versus Public European Firms," Working Papers 15005, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Anken, F. & Beasley, J.E., 2012. "Corporate structure optimisation for multinational companies," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 230-243, April.
- Jesse Edgerton, 2013. "Four facts about dividend payouts and the 2003 tax cut," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 20(5), pages 769-784, October.
- Graham, John R. & Raedy, Jana S. & Shackelford, Douglas A., 2012. "Research in accounting for income taxes," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 412-434.
- Pinkowitz, Lee & Stulz, Rene M. & Williamson, Rohan, 2012. "Multinationals and the High Cash Holdings Puzzle," Working Paper Series 2012-10, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:22:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11142-017-9390-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beyer, Brooke & Downes, Jimmy & Rapley, Eric T., 2017. "Internal capital market inefficiencies, shareholder payout, and abnormal leverage," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 39-57.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:124:y:2017:i:3:p:441-463 is not listed on IDEAS
- Floyd, Eric & Li, Nan & Skinner, Douglas J., 2015. "Payout policy through the financial crisis: The growth of repurchases and the resilience of dividends," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 299-316.
- Hanlon, Michelle & Heitzman, Shane, 2010. "A review of tax research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 127-178, December.
- Dobridge, Christine L., 2016. "Fiscal Stimulus and Firms: A Tale of Two Recessions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-13, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Dane M. Christensen & Dan S. Dhaliwal & Steven Boivie & Scott D. Graffin, 2015. "Top management conservatism and corporate risk strategies: Evidence from managers' personal political orientation and corporate tax avoidance," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(12), pages 1918-1938, December.
- Harendt, Christoph & Dreßler, Daniel & Overesch, Michael, 2016. "The Impact of Tax Treaties and Repatriation Taxes on FDI Revisited," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145588, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:126-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dyreng, Scott D. & Lindsey, Bradley P. & Thornock, Jacob R., 2013. "Exploring the role Delaware plays as a domestic tax haven," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(3), pages 751-772.
- repec:kap:rqfnac:v:50:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11156-017-0640-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hasegawa, Makoto & Kiyota, Kozo, 2017.
"The effect of moving to a territorial tax system on profit repatriation: Evidence from Japan,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 92-110.
- HASEGAWA Makoto & KIYOTA Kozo, 2013. "The Effect of Moving to a Territorial Tax System on Profit Repatriations: Evidence from Japan," Discussion papers 13047, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Makoto Hasegawa & Kozo Kiyota, 2015. "The Effect of Moving to a Territorial Tax System on Profit Repatriation: Evidence from Japan," GRIPS Discussion Papers 15-09, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Makoto Hasegawa & Kozo Kiyota, 2015. "The Effect of Moving to a Territorial Tax System on Profit Repatriation: Evidence from Japan," Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series 2015-008, Institute for Economics Studies, Keio University.
- Liu, Harrison & Swanson, Edward P., 2016. "Is price support a motive for increasing share repurchases?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 77-91.
- Michael Brei, 2013. "Offshore financial centers in the Caribbean: An overview," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-40, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- De Simone, Lisa & Piotroski, Joseph D. & Tomy, Rimmy E., 2017. "Repatriation Taxes and Foreign Cash Holdings: The Impact of Anticipated Tax Policy," Research Papers 3507, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:125:y:2017:i:2:p:344-368 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aaron Flaaen, 2017. "The Role of Transfer Prices in Profit-Shifting by U.S. Multinational Firms : Evidence from the 2004 Homeland Investment Act," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-055, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:joares:v:47:y:2009:i:4:p:1027-1059. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8456 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.