The Retooling Challenge: Canada's Struggle to Close the Capital Investment Gap
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robin Banerjee & William B.P. Robson, 2007. "Give Canadian Workers the Tools to do the Job! Why Canada Needs More Robust Capital Investment," e-briefs 44, C.D. Howe Institute.
- Macdonald, Ryan, 2008. "Terms of Trade in Central Canada," Insights on the Canadian Economy 2008022e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Daniel Trefler, 2008.
"Innis Lecture: Canadian policies for broad-based prosperity,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1156-1184, November.
- Daniel Trefler, 2008. "Innis Lecture: Canadian policies for broad‐based prosperity," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 41(4), pages 1156-1184, November.
- Duanjie Chen & Jack M. Mintz, 2009. "The Path to Prosperity: Internationally Competitive Rates and a Level Playing Field," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 295, September.
- Duanjie Chen & Jack M. Mintz, 2008. "Limited Horizons: The 2008 Report on Federal and Provincial Budgetary Tax Policies," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 270, July.
- Voyvoda, Ebru & Yeldan, Erinç, 2015. "Public policy and growth in Canada: An applied endogenous growth model with human and knowledge capital accumulation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 298-309.
- Benjamin Dachis & William B.P. Robson & Nicholas Chesterley, 2014. "Capital Needed: Canada Needs More Robust Business Investment," e-briefs 179, C.D. Howe Institute.
- Benjamin Dachis & William B.P. Robson, 2012. "From Living Well to Working Well: Raising Canada's Performance in Non-residential Investment," e-briefs 137, C.D. Howe Institute.
- Benjaming Dachis & William B.P. Robson, 2013. "Equipping Canadian Workers: Business Investment Loses a Step against Competitors Abroad," e-briefs 167, C.D. Howe Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal and Tax Competitiveness; Economic Growth and Innovation; Canada; Canadian provinces; business investment; capital spending; new investment per worker; OECD countries;
All these keywords.
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdh:ebrief:126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cdhowca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Kristine Gray (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cdhowca.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.