Heterogeneous Consumption Goods, Sectoral Change, and Economic Growth
This paper sets up a simple AK-type growth model with heterogeneous consumption goods. It is shown that the (overall) intertemporal elasticity of substitution, the saving rate, and the growth rate of income unambiguously increase in the course of economic development. Moreover, the model offers an intuitive explanation of sectoral change. It is demonstrated that there are a number of implications which are in line with the empirical evidence on economic growth and sectoral change.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 10 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/snde|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Paul M Romer, 1999. "Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2232, David K. Levine.
- Masao Ogaki & Jonathan D. Ostry & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "Saving Behavior in Low- and Middle-Income Developing Countries: A Comparison," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 38-71, March.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ogaki, Masao & Ostry, Jonathan, 1995. "Saving behavior in low- and middle-income developing countries," MPRA Paper 13757, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ogaki, Masao & Ostry, Jonathan, 1996. "Saving Behavior in Low- and Middle-Income Developing Countries: A Comparison," MPRA Paper 6978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masao Ogaki & Jonathan David Ostry & Carmen Reinhart, 1995. "Saving Behavior in Low and Middle-Income Developing Countries; A Comparison," IMF Working Papers 95/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Meckl, Jürgen, 1999. "Structural change and generalized balanced growth," Discussion Papers, Series I 298, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Juergen Meckl, 2000. "Structural Change and Generalized Balanced Growth," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0233, Econometric Society.
- Reto Foellmi & Josef Zweimï¿½ller, "undated". "Structural Change and the Kaldor Facts of Economic Growth," IEW - Working Papers 111, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Foellmi, Reto & Zweimüller, Josef, 2002. "Structural Change and the Kaldor Facts of Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 3300, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Foellmi, Reto & Zweimüller, Josef, 2002. "Structural Change and the Kaldor Facts of Economic Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 472, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Reto Foellmi & Josef Zweilmueller, 2006. "Structural Change and the Kaldor Facts of Economic Growth," 2006 Meeting Papers 342, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Zind, Richard G., 1991. "Income convergence and divergence within and between LDC groups," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 719-727, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)