The Problem of Social Cost: What Problem? A Critique of the Reasoning of A.C. Pigou and R.H. Coase
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Demsetz,Harold, 2012. "From Economic Man to Economic System," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107640856, August.
- F. H. Knight, 1924. "Some Fallacies in the Interpretation of Social Cost," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(4), pages 582-606.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yun-chien Chang, 2015. "An economic and comparative analysis of specificatio (the accession doctrine)," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 225-243, April.
- Robert B. Ekelund Jr & Edward O. Price III, 2012. "The Economics of Edwin Chadwick," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14915, September.
- Stephen Salant & Nathan Seegert, 2018. "Should Congestion Tolls be Set by the Government or by the Private Sector? The Knight–Pigou Debate Revisited," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 85(339), pages 428-448, July.
- Henry Manne, 2014. "Resurrecting the ghostly entrepreneur," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 27(3), pages 249-258, September.
- Elias L. Khalil, 2017. "Exploitation and Efficiency," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 44(3), pages 363-377, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Terry E. Daniel & Eyran J. Gisches & Amnon Rapoport, 2009. "Departure Times in Y-Shaped Traffic Networks with Multiple Bottlenecks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 2149-2176, December.
- Salant, Stephen & Seegert, Nathan, 2014. "Private Access Fees and Congestion Is There a Role for Government After All?," Discussion Papers dp-14-26, Resources For the Future.
- Élodie Bertrand, 2006. "La thèse d'efficience du « théorème de Coase ». Quelle critique de la microéconomie ?," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(5), pages 983-1007.
- Han, Linghui & Wang, David Z.W. & Lo, Hong K. & Zhu, Chengjuan & Cai, Xingju, 2017. "Discrete-time day-to-day dynamic congestion pricing scheme considering multiple equilibria," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 1-16.
- Klick, Jonathan, 2006. "Salvation as a selective incentive," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 15-32, March.
- Mehdiloozad, Mahmood & Zhu, Joe & Sahoo, Biresh K., 2018. "Identification of congestion in data envelopment analysis under the occurrence of multiple projections: A reliable method capable of dealing with negative data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 265(2), pages 644-654.
- Milchtaich, Igal, 2004. "Social optimality and cooperation in nonatomic congestion games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 56-87, January.
- Anderson, Simon P. & de Palma, Andre, 2004. "The economics of pricing parking," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Loukas Dimitriou & Theodore Tsekeris, 2009. "Evolutionary game-theoretic model for dynamic congestion pricing in multi-class traffic networks," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 103-121, April.
- De Palma, Andre & Motamedi, Kiarash & Picard, Nathalie & Waddell, Paul, 2007.
"Accessibility and environmental quality: inequality in the Paris housing market,"
European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 36, pages 47-74.
- André de Palma & Kiarash Motamedi & Nathalie Picard & Paul Waddell, 2007. "Accessibility and Environmental Quality: Inequality in the Paris Housing Market," THEMA Working Papers 2007-16, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Ben Yu & Daigee Shaw & Tsu-Tan Fu & Lawrence Lai, 2000. "Property rights and contractual approach to sustainable development," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 3(3), pages 291-309, September.
- Maxime Lambrecht, 2017. "The time limit on copyright: an unlikely tragedy of the intellectual commons," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 475-494, June.
- Winston, Clifford & Yan, Jia, 2011.
"Can privatization of U.S. highways improve motorists' welfare?,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7), pages 993-1005.
- Winston, Clifford & Yan, Jia, 2011. "Can privatization of U.S. highways improve motorists' welfare?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 993-1005, August.
- Johansson, Börje, 2004. "Parsing the Menagerie of Agglomeration and Network Externalities," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 2, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Vonk Noordegraaf, Diana & Annema, Jan Anne & van Wee, Bert, 2014. "Policy implementation lessons from six road pricing cases," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 172-191.
- Y. Ge & B. Sun & H. Zhang & W. Szeto & Xizhao Zhou, 2015. "A Comparison of Dynamic User Optimal States with Zero, Fixed and Variable Tolerances," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 583-598, September.
- Fred Foldvary, 2014. "Reply to the Caplan and Gochenour critique of Georgism," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 451-461, December.
- Claude Abraham & Alain Bonnafous & Daniel Chabanol & Marc Chabert & Yves Crozet & Christiane Dalmais, 2000. "Péage et financement d'infrastructures en milieu urbain - Lyon, les leçons d'un périphérique. Actes du colloque, 5-6 décembre 2000, Lyon (France)," Post-Print halshs-00200161, HAL.
- Mingzhou Jin & Burak Ekşioğlu, 2010. "Optimal routing of vehicles with communication capabilities in disasters," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 121-137, April.
- Glazer, Amihai & Niskanen, Esko, 2000.
"Which consumers benefit from congestion tolls?,"
University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers
qt33d88115, University of California Transportation Center.
- Glazer, Amihai & Niskanen, Esko, 2000. "Which consumers benefit from congestion tolls?," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt70v033nx, University of California Transportation Center.
- Glazer, Amihai & Niskanen, Esko, 2000. "Which Consumers Benefit from Congestion Tolls?," Discussion Papers 216, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:rlecon:v:7:y:2011:i:1:n:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Peter Golla (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.