Strategic Capacity Investment under Hold-up Threats: The Role of Contract Length and Width
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Durand-Viel, Laure & Villeneuve, Bertrand, 2009. "Strategic Capacity Investment under Holdup Threats: The Role of Contract Length and Width," MPRA Paper 19015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Hirschhausen & Anne Neumann, 2008.
"Long-Term Contracts and Asset Specificity Revisited: An Empirical Analysis of Producer–Importer Relations in the Natural Gas Industry,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 32(2), pages 131-143, March.
- Anne Neumann & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2006. "Long-Term Contracts and Asset Specificity Revisited – An Empirical Analysis of producer-Importer Relations in the Natural Gas Industry," Working Papers 0610, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Anne Neumann & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2006. "Long-Term Contracts and Asset Specificity Revisited: An Empirical Analysis of Producer-Importer Relations in the Natural Gas Industry," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 552, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Neumann, A. & von Hirschhausen, C., 2006. "Long-Term Contracts and Asset Specificity Revisited -An Empirical Analysis of Producer-Importer Relations in the Natural Gas Industry," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0630, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- James D. Reitzes & Glenn A. Woroch, 2008. "Competition for exclusive customers: comparing equilibrium and welfare under one-part and two-part pricing," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(3), pages 1046-1086, August.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5372 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joskow, Paul L, 1988.
"Price Adjustment in Long-term Contracts: The Case of Coal,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(1), pages 47-83, April.
- Paul L. Joskow, 1987. "Price Adjustment in Long Term Contracts: The Case of Coal," Working papers 444, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Dubin, Jeffrey A & McFadden, Daniel L, 1984. "An Econometric Analysis of Residential Electric Appliance Holdings and Consumption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 345-362, March.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1971. "The Vertical Integration of Production: Market Failure Considerations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(2), pages 112-123, May.
- Michael Waldman, 2010. "Competition, Monopoly, and Aftermarkets," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(1), pages 54-91, April.
- Zhiqi Chen & Thomas Ross & W. Stanbury, 1998. "Refusals to Deal and Aftermarkets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 13(1), pages 131-151, April.
- Masten, Scott E & Crocker, Keith J, 1985. "Efficient Adaptation in Long-term Contracts: Take-or-Pay Provisions for Natural Gas," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1083-1093, December.
- Aghion, Philippe & Bolton, Patrick, 1987. "Contracts as a Barrier to Entry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 388-401, June.
- Hodaka Morita & Michael Waldman, 2004. "Durable Goods, Monopoly Maintenance, and Time Inconsistency," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 273-302, June.
- Castaneda, Marco A., 2006. "The hold-up problem in a repeated relationship," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 953-970, September.
- Victor P. Goldberg, 1976. "Regulation and Administered Contracts," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(2), pages 426-448, Autumn.
- Keith J. Crocker & Scott E. Masten, 1988. "Mitigating Contractual Hazards: Unilateral Options and Contract Length," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 327-343, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
- L95 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Rationing; Licensing
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:manchs:v:84:y:2016:i:3:p:313-339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/semanuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.