Asymptotics for stationary very nearly unit root processes
This article considers a mean zero stationary first-order autoregressive (AR) model. It is shown that the least squares estimator and t statistic have Cauchy and standard normal asymptotic distributions, respectively, when the AR parameter rho_n is very near to one in the sense that 1 - rho_n = o(n-super- - 1). Copyright 2007 The Author Journal compilation 2007 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 29 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (01)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0143-9782|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0143-9782|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elliott, Graham & Stock, James H., 2001.
"Confidence intervals for autoregressive coefficients near one,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(1-2), pages 155-181, July.
- Elliott, Graham & STOCK, JAMES H, 2000. "Confidence Intervals for Autoregressive Coefficients Near One," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt6ww3p59v, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Ulrich K. M¸ller & Graham Elliott, 2003. "Tests for Unit Roots and the Initial Condition," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1269-1286, 07.
- L Giraitis & P C B Phillips, .
"Uniform limit theory for stationary autoregression,"
05/23, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Liudas Giraitis & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2006. "Uniform Limit Theory for Stationary Autoregression," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 51-60, 01.
- Liudas Giraitis & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2004. "Uniform Limit Theory for Stationary Autoregression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1475, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Elliott, Graham, 1999.
"Efficient Tests for a Unit Root When the Initial Observation Is Drawn from Its Unconditional Distribution,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 767-83, August.
- Tom Doan, . "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Tassos Magdalinos, 2004.
"Limit Theory for Moderate Deviations from a Unit Root,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1471, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Phillips, Peter C.B. & Magdalinos, Tassos, 2007. "Limit theory for moderate deviations from a unit root," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 115-130, January.
- Park, Joon, 2003. "Weak Unit Roots," Working Papers 2003-17, Rice University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jtsera:v:29:y:2008:i:1:p:203-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.