On the efficacy of simulated maximum likelihood for estimating the parameters of stochastic differential Equations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chan, K C, et al, 1992.
" An Empirical Comparison of Alternative Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1209-1227, July.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate CKLS(1992) estimation of interest rate models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00035, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Gourieroux, C & Monfort, A & Renault, E, 1993. "Indirect Inference," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(S), pages 85-118, Suppl. De.
- Pastorello, Sergio & Renault, Eric & Touzi, Nizar, 2000.
"Statistical Inference for Random-Variance Option Pricing,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 18(3), pages 358-367, July.
- Pastorello, S. & Renault, E. & Touzi, N., 1995. "Statistical Inference for Random Variance Option Pricing," Papers 95.403, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- S, Pastorello & E, Renault & N, Touzi, 1997. "Statistical Inference for Random Variance Option Pricing," Working Papers 97-60, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine, 1996.
"Nonparametric Pricing of Interest Rate Derivative Securities,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 527-560, May.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 1995. "Nonparametric Pricing of Interest Rate Derivative Securities," NBER Working Papers 5345, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eckhard Platen, 1999. "An Introduction to Numerical Methods for Stochastic Differential Equations," Research Paper Series 6, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Tauchen, George, 1996. "Which Moments to Match?," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 657-681, October.
- Pagan, A.R. & Hall, A.D. & Martin, V., 1995. "Modelling the Term Structure," Papers 284, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Elerain, Ola & Chib, Siddhartha & Shephard, Neil, 2001.
"Likelihood Inference for Discretely Observed Nonlinear Diffusions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(4), pages 959-993, July.
- Elerian, O. & Chib, S. & Shephard, N., 1998. "Likelihood INference for Discretely Observed Non-linear Diffusions," Economics Papers 146, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Ola Elerian & Siddhartha Chib & Neil Shephard, 2000. "Likelihood inference for discretely observed non-linear diffusions," OFRC Working Papers Series 2000mf02, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Michael J. Brennan and Eduardo S. Schwartz., 1979. "A Continuous-Time Approach to the Pricing of Bonds," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 85, University of California at Berkeley.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stan Hurn & J.Jeisman & K.A. Lindsay, 2006. "Teaching an old dog new tricks: Improved estimation of the parameters of SDEs by numerical solution of the Fokker-Planck equation," Stan Hurn Discussion Papers 2006-01, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Kristensen, Dennis & Shin, Yongseok, 2012.
"Estimation of dynamic models with nonparametric simulated maximum likelihood,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 167(1), pages 76-94.
- Dennis Kristensen & Yongseok Shin, 2008. "Estimation of Dynamic Models with Nonparametric Simulated Maximum Likelihood," CREATES Research Papers 2008-58, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- John Stachurski & Vance Martin, 2008.
"Computing the Distributions of Economic Models via Simulation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 76(2), pages 443-450, March.
- John Stachurski, 2005. "Computing the Distributions of Economic Models Via Simulation," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 949, The University of Melbourne.
- John Stachurski & University of Melbourne, 2006. "Computing the Distributions of Economic Models via Simulation," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 185, Society for Computational Economics.
- John Stachurski, 2006. "Computing the Distributions of Economic Models Via Simulation," KIER Working Papers 615, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- A. S. Hurn & J. I. Jeisman & K. A. Lindsay, 0.
"Seeing the Wood for the Trees: A Critical Evaluation of Methods to Estimate the Parameters of Stochastic Differential Equations,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 5(3), pages 390-455.
- Stan Hurn & J.Jeisman & K.A. Lindsay, 2006. "Seeing the wood for the trees: A critical evaluation of methods to estimate the parameters of stochastic differential equations," Stan Hurn Discussion Papers 2006, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Stan Hurn & J.Jeisman & K.A. Lindsay, 2006. "Seeing the Wood for the Trees: A Critical Evaluation of Methods to Estimate the Parameters of Stochastic Differential Equations. Working paper #2," NCER Working Paper Series 2, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Kathleen Goffey & Andrew Worthington, 2002. "Motor Vehicle Usage Patterns in Australia: A Comparative Analysis of Driver, Vehicle & Purpose Characteristics for Household & Freight Travel," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 117, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Siddhartha Chib & Michael K Pitt & Neil Shephard, 2004.
"Likelihood based inference for diffusion driven models,"
2004-W20, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Siddhartha Chib & Michael K Pitt & Neil Shephard, 2004. "Likelihood based inference for diffusion driven models," OFRC Working Papers Series 2004fe17, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Andrew D. Sanford & Gael Martin, 2004. "Bayesian Analysis of Continuous Time Models of the Australian Short Rate," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 11/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Isambi Mbalawata & Simo Särkkä & Heikki Haario, 2013. "Parameter estimation in stochastic differential equations with Markov chain Monte Carlo and non-linear Kalman filtering," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 1195-1223, June.
- J. Jimenez & R. Biscay & T. Ozaki, 2005. "Inference Methods for Discretely Observed Continuous-Time Stochastic Volatility Models: A Commented Overview," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 12(2), pages 109-141, June.
- Umberto Picchini & Andrea De Gaetano & Susanne Ditlevsen, 2010. "Stochastic Differential Mixed-Effects Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 37(1), pages 67-90.
- A. Hurn & J. Jeisman & K. Lindsay, 2007. "Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks: Improved Estimation of the Parameters of Stochastic Differential Equations by Numerical Solution of the Fokker-Planck Equation," NCER Working Paper Series 9, National Centre for Econometric Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jtsera:v:24:y:2003:i:1:p:45-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0143-9782 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.